physics feature request

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hi,

As always, for sure, there is the guy who requests exactly what earlier maybe was left out, because you thought it not important enough. Well that guy would be me. Here it comes:

There are a number of properties to access at runtime for an object with physics behaviour. But not all of the properties you can access in the editor are accessible in the events. I have a kind of trampoline, for which I want to present the possibility to upgrade its elasticity. Until now I couldn't find any way to change it during runtime. The same happens with the mass, I think, and some other properties. So here the official feature request:

Please make all physic properties accessible for conditions and events, so that all the physical relevant values can be changed during runtime.

GReetz and thanks

Maenny

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I agree that it would be useful to have as many properties as possible available at runtime.

Unfortunately (for one of my projects), I've just discovered that some of the existing properties available to change at runtime don't appear to work.

For instance, if you have a bunch of sprites at the top of the screen with the Physics>Gravity disabled, and then try to enable it through a keypress event, nothing happens.

Similarly, if you have a bunch of sprites at the top of the screen with Physics>Immovable set to true, shooting missiles at them means they don't move (which is correct), but if I change the Immovable property to false via a keypress, there is no change when missiles hit them (i.e. they don't move when colliding with the missile).

Either I'm doing something wrong, or hardly anyone bothers to use the physics aspect of Construct, and that's why it's gone unnoticed.

Krush.

• [quote:2z5i2fp3]For instance, if you have a bunch of sprites at the top of the screen with the Physics>Gravity disabled, and then try to enable it through a keypress event, nothing happens.

I believe this is an inherent weirdness in the Box2D engine... it used to be that creating a new instance of a physics object did the same thing, if I remember correctly (anyway, it was something like that). You would have to "wake it up" by colliding it with something or giving it a little push with a tiny Set Velocity because it was basically in sleep mode and didn't know the curtain had gone up and the play had started.

You should make a tracker entry for this and the other problems you encounter (like the Immovable issue you mentioned), unless you have already, of course . I'm sure Davo could fix the issue.

As for missing runtime properties, Ashley and David have mentioned in the past that they'd like to have as many as possible, if not all, added to Construct. But it's easy to lose track... friendly reminder threads like these are the way to go, I think.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)