Path Movement Behavior

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • Another request on this behavior.

You have conditions to compare distance on the path, but its only returning that value down to its decimal.

Would it be possible to get that value returned as an int?

int(value) ?

Hi, I haven't tested this behavior yet, I don't need the edit time paths. But is it ok to assume that I can just use normal math to set up the paths at runtime?

• Yeah, a decimal value is fine. Its when your trying tell when the object is at some whole number in the path that you would have an issue. You couldn't(until now) just say if object equals 50 on the path... do this.... er well you could do a system compare with int(path.distance).

• Hi. Great plug-in, I hope to be using quite a bit in my project.

One problem I�ve not been able to solve. How do you mirror a path either horizontally or vertically? For example I have several sprites moving along a drawn path, moving from top right to the bottom left of the screen. I would like to move another set of sprites from the bottom right to the top left at the same time. I�ve tried rotating and reversing the sprite but each time the second set of sprites keep to the original path. Redrawing the path and saving it out may be an option but i want to keep it as symmetric as possible.

Would be great to have a mirror horiz/Vert option?

Cheers

• Great behavior plugin, hope to make use of it.

Is it possible to set the path relative to an external object...for example, a sprite (enemy) is to make a single circuit of another sprite (player) and then leave the layout, the Player however can move about so the Enemy path needs to move relative to the Player so as to allow the Enemy to complete its circuit.

Can this be done currently, if if so, how?

• Great plug-in. One request I have is a different interpolation method for the path. Right now it's kind of angular, whereas the interpolation for cubic is extremely smooth. Is there any way you could get that smooth interpolation as an alternative 'curved' method?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 4ror

Here is an example of a way to do mirroring:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5426011/examples/pathmirror.cap

vbmdsm

This will make a path relative to the player:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5426011/examples/pathrelative.cap/url]

In doing that example I found a bug with the plugin: if the path starts off screen the object will not be drawn.

Arima

I plan on fixing some issues with the curved interpolation (which uses catmull-rom), And while i'm at it i'll see if I can get bezeir curves to work. I was using bezeir to begin with but was having an issue with the speed on the path not staying constant.

• Awesome, thanks! Though even if you can't get the speed to stay constant, it would still be very useful, since at the moment we're limited to 4 points via cubic.

• [quote:zrdhyekj]In doing that example I found a bug with the plugin: if the path starts off screen the object will not be drawn.

I see what you mean. Anything that's off screen isn't drawn because of the way Construct is set up.

Kind of like what happens with a canvas. Not necessarily a behavior bug, but I guess you could do a work around by not letting it have nodes outside of the layout.

• Thanks for the example, however I can't open it...I get an 'Out of Memory' error and nothing opens.

I'm using version 0.99.62

Any suggestions?

• I been look into the behavior and think one feature would make this so much better tthen it is now. That is to have a add/edit path function. this give you the ability to make more the one path in the editer.

it would like the bone behavior add/edit function that lets you make new animations but it will make new path.

• I been look into the behavior and think one feature would make this so much better tthen it is now. That is to have a add/edit path function. this give you the ability to make more the one path in the editer.

it would like the bone behavior add/edit function that lets you make new animations but it will make new path.

Well you can kind of do that already by using an external file. Then if you don't want to do that you can clear all nodes, and add new nodes via an array. The latter might require an external editor.

• Thanks R0J0hound that looks just like what I'm after. Keep up the great effort with your plug-in. Hope it becomes a permanent feature.

• > I been look into the behavior and think one feature would make this so much better tthen it is now. That is to have a add/edit path function. this give you the ability to make more the one path in the editer.

> it would like the bone behavior add/edit function that lets you make new animations but it will make new path.

>

Well you can kind of do that already by using an external file. Then if you don't want to do that you can clear all nodes, and add new nodes via an array. The latter might require an external editor.

That sounds like alot of unneeded work to me.

The add/edit path function would be a lot faster and productive.

What the point of having a Visual edit path that that only makes one path.

It seem like a waste of a great function not to have the ability to make more then one path in the editor.

• Lol changing the behavior sounds like a lot more work to me.

Anyway this method:http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6345 works, and can be used right now.

• Lol changing the behavior sounds like a lot more work to me.

Anyway this method:http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6345 works, and can be used right now.

It is not changing the behavior it just add the ability add a new path in the path editor part of the behavior and name them, calling them up through condition and action. That's why I called it add/edit path.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)