New Liquid Plugin(not fluid plugin) coming eventually

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • ok

I need to figure out what can be done with boundaries, because for now it's not as flexible as I'd like, and I'm going to finish the fluids plugin first

and lastly, in this demo, the black squares are adjusting to fit around the liquid, not the other way around, so again, the liquid is not reacting to the black squares:

but look: liquid physics in construct:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/liquid.rar

• no sure what's happening but itlooks pretty cool

• Looking great so far. Excellent work.

Just how efficient is it though? Looks like there's a lot going on.

• Looks promising

Is this going to be a pure liquid physics simulation or will the plugin care about the graphics as well? And, will it be fast enough to be integrated to a game?

• Looking great so far. Excellent work.

Just how efficient is it though? Looks like there's a lot going on.

once again, not as efficient as a gpu solution, but I'm going to have a look at making a directcompute, or opencl implementation. Depending on how similar they are to CUDA, as there is a open source for a CUDA version as well. If not, I'm also going to have a look at making this one work for multiple cores.

I can get about 1800 particles before it starts slowing down

Looks promising

Is this going to be a pure liquid physics simulation or will the plugin care about the graphics as well? And, will it be fast enough to be integrated to a game?

it's going to work how the final version of the other plugin will

actually, that's what it's doing now, those are sprites, and after I get some better container manipulation working, I'll see how fast it goes while other stuff is going on

also, check it out...

about the happy faces...don't ask:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/fluid2.exe

and fluid attracted to a central point of gravity:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1013446/fluid3.rar

• Freaking awesome!

Performance is a little slow on my machine. Here's hoping you can get that opencl version working!

• lucid, I sent you a pm.

• just pure awesomness

• It is of course looking good so far. I really hope you find a good solution in the end, because the performance does not seem to be there.

Dual core systems are pretty common, just don't want to have to require a quad core system for a 2D game to perform at a solid frame-rate.

• small update, unfortunately, it seems I don't possess the skills yet to add gpu or multicore acceleration to this simulation, but all hope is not lost yet

the simulations I've uploaded here are about 1500 particles each if I remember correctly

the speed problems come from displaying 1500 sprites.

I ran the simulation with 150,000 particles and no display and it was about 150fps

obviously we need to be able to display the particles in some way, but a more efficient form of display undoubtedly exists to find an outline of particles, although greater minds than mine have had problems finding a perfect one:

http://www.rchoetzlein.com/theory/?p=129

however, when limiting the simulation to 2 dimensions the problem might be simpler

I won't tackle this until after I make an alpha release of the fluid (smoke) plugin, but I have one idea where I set up a grid like the smoke simulation, and count the particles in a given grid space, and use a single sprite which changes size depending on the number of particles, when the number is too small, it will split and be represented by multiple sprites

also, though it doesn't seem possible without rewriting the whole simulation, which I'm not up to, if I find a way to actually limit the simulation to calculating in 2d that could greatly speed things up. even the 2d looking versions youve seen are of 3d water in a 2d container, so I believe there is wasted cpu time on the 3rd dimension even though it isn't doing anything

I'll keep you posted

• Time for that vertex object Davo talked about a long time ago.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Lucid You are doing great work. That plugins are awesome.

• Links are expired!

• This thread is expired...look at the date.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)