Suggestion: More "Replace Object" actions for events

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • Hi. The rightclick > replace object is great if you have many similar/cloned objects but it does not work everytime which could save even more time developing.

Is it possible to expand this to allow more replacements? I work on a new quick game on C3 right now and I use a player sprite and a hat sprite (we all love hats, right? ) but when I set the hat to an image point I can't replace the object with another hat, only the original object and the player sprite is shown in the list.

Example code (NOTE: inverted conditions are not shown when you use rightclick > copy as text in C3!):

+ Function: On "ResetHats"

+ Hat1: Is UIElement

+ Hat2: Is UIElement

+ Hat3: Is UIElement

+ Hat4: Is UIElement

+ Hat5: Is UIElement

-> Hat1: Set position to (-300, -300)

-> Hat2: Set position to (-300, -300)

-> Hat3: Set position to (-300, -300)

-> Hat4: Set position to (-300, -300)

-> Hat5: Set position to (-300, -300)

I can just click any hat to replace the object with any other when I use set position.

+ System: Every tick

----+ System: HatID = 1

----+ Hat1: Is UIElement

-----> Hat1: Set position to (Player.?ImagePointX(?1?), Player.?ImagePointY(?1?))

----+ System: HatID = 2

----+ Hat2: Is UIElement

-----> Hat2: Set position to (Player.?ImagePointX(?1?), Player.?ImagePointY(?1?))

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I cant switch Hat1 to another hat here when I use Player.ImagePoint. But why? It works if I double click, then go Back twice to select another Hat and then click contine twice - it keeps the "Set position" and the value. Would be great if you could just replace the objects.

• Maybe its a bug? All HAT objects are just a single frame sprite with no instance vars, no behavior, or anything else. Just a single image, cloned and with a different image inside. So it should be possible to select them for replacement?

• This looks like a copy-paste of what you put on the feature suggestions tracker. Not all replacements are valid: the replacement object has to have the same instance variables, behaviors and effects. We can't make invalid replacements valid. If you think this is a valid replacement which isn't allowed, please file a bug following all the guidelines.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Posted it here before I found the suggestion site.

I can even replace hat with player, which has platform behavior and not the same behavior as the hat. I upload a bug example.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)