I like it and there's a lot of room for imporvement too
Some points though:
- The first time the game loaded it took a little bit(over 3 mins), not sure if this has happened to anyone else. After that though, when refreshing or re-opening the game in another tab It came up quickly.
When playing under the solo person Icon:
- I was able to control both tanks, the yellow and purple(pink?) tank with the keyboard. Though, I controlled the purple/pink tank fine, I was never able to fire with the yellow one.
- When using either tank and making them bump against the green objects along the playfield they would bounce back a bit, slowing them either when going forwards or backwards alike. The object would desappear too.
- When accelerated both back and fort, the tanks would continue along until stopping on their own after having left go of the forward and backward keys.
- The two power ups on the field (the other icons on the top and bottom along the middle) seem to work just once and fine too.
- I wasn't able to leave the stage until defeating a tank or refreshing.
When playing under the computer Icon:
- I was able to move, shoot and target with the green tank.
- I was able to break the bricks after shooting at them a pair of times but the structures were unbreakable.
- When accelerated or backed up, just like in the previous mode, the tank would speed away until stopping on it's own after letting go of the keyboard arrows.
- When the green tank was defeated the sound of shooting kept on if I continued to click on my mouse.
Small quick suggestions:
- Add a pause function.
- Add a menu when in pause to continue or quit to go back at the main screen.
- Fix up bouncing against objects.
- Fix single player controlling both tanks in solo mode(make AI for the free tank?) And let player choose one of both tanks?
- Fix acceleration after letting go of the movement keys.
- Add a healthbar or progressive animation to show damage.
Overall though, it is a game that has a lot of potential, specially if farther ahead you develop a multiplayer feature and other things too.
I'm looking forwards to how it goes and keep up the good work!