WP8 Screen Scaling, Overlapping Bar

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • Recently, I have been trying to slightly modify my Windows 8 store apps so that I can release them on WP8. I've modified the resolution to fit a 15:9 screen when scaled, and that seems to be working fine (this particular app is in portrait). I'm using an HTC 8X to test the apps, and I know that phone is 16:9. If there is a small black line on the top or bottom outside the app, I imagine that would be acceptable.

The problem I'm having, though, is that there is an inexplicable large black bar and/or line on the bottom that overlaps my app when I run it in scale inner. Some people have told me that it's the application bar, but there is no such control in my Xaml, and when I add one and subsequently hide it, nothing happens. Scaling to letterbox allows my app to be fully visible, but much smaller than the screen. Hide address bar is enabled, and I have tried hiding the system tray to no avail. Has anyone else encountered this?

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I should clarify, when I say the app becomes much smaller than the screen, I mean that the bottom of the app is where the black line would begin and the edges of the app don't even make it to the side of the screen. There is effectively a black frame around the app save the top, and the bottom is disproportionately larger. I don't believe this is a problem with the aspect ratio.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)