Samsung AppStore publishing

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Hello everyone!

Has anybody published a game at Samsung Appstore? I tried but the system won't let my APK. I use Intel XDK. Any luck yet? Suggestions? Thanks!

Samsung's support team replied to me:

[quote:3n1s0ixf]

Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that all application submitted to Samsung after July 1st are all categorized as Galaxy Special since they all developed using Samsung SDK. Hence, if your seller type is a developer, you are eligible to select a set of categories as below.

(Main Category) > (Sub Category)

• Galaxy Specials > Multi Window
    • Galaxy Specials > Data Sharing
    • Galaxy Specials > Multiplayer Games
    • Galaxy Specials > S Pen
    • Galaxy Specials > Home Appliances
    • Galaxy Specials > Other

If you are not sure which category to use, we would like to recommend you to check which Samsung SDK was used to build the binary.

For your information, there are 17 kinds of Samsung SDKs as below:

Accessory SDK, Chord SDK, Gesture SDK, Image Filter SDK, Look SDK, Media Control SDK, Motion SDK, MultiWindow SDK, Pass SDK, Pen SDK, Professional Audio SDK, Remote Sensor SDK, Visual View, GroupPlay SDK, Tizen SDK for Wearable, S Health SDK and Smart Connectivity SDK

For example, if you used GroupPlay SDK to build a game, then it would be appropriate to select 'Galaxy Specials > Multiplayer Games'.

If the application does not fall into any of these categories, please select 'Galaxy Specials > other'.

For more detailed information, please visit SAMSUNG DEVELOPERS (http://developer.samsung.com).

In addition in case of General Categories other than Galaxy Special, only partner sellers with exclusive partnership contract with Samsung Galaxy Apps can select the category.

If you are interested in Partnership with Samsung Galaxy Apps, please contact us again and let us know. Then we will provide you with further guidance regarding partnership.

Also, please note that -If the following user-permissionexists in the manifest file, it is considered that the application uses Samsung Developer SDK.

* < uses-permission android:name="com.samsung.android.providers.context.permission.WRITE_USE_APP_FEATURE_SURVEY" / >

-If the user-permissiondoes not exist in the manifest file, it is considered that the application does not use the Samsung Developer SDK.

For more detailed information, please refer to Application Registration Guide: Seller Office > "Assistance" > "Guide Download" > Application Registration Guide

If the problem persists, please contact us again with your binary file and indicate which SDK you used, we will look into the matter for you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am having the same problem. Do anyone succeed on publishing for Samsung AppStore?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)