Same Apk , Different Problems In Different Devices

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Alright , so I finally finished my first app but oh boy a lot of problems showed up .

I am hoping someone from you awesome developers knows the solution of atleast one of my problems.

So , the problems stand to the fact that in different devices the app works differently .

In my phone the app works perfectly .

In device 2 the loading page of the game is black and redirects directly to the main layout. In the main layout the background doesn't work , it is just black , the other sprites load up correctly but also sounds doesn't open or work.

In device 3 the loading page of the game works as should , the main layout's background works great , and also everything loads correctly but the sounds do not work or start.

I exported my app from construct 2 as cordova with the minify script unchecked.

I compiled the app in cocoonio as webview.

The physics engine is Box2d Web.

The description above shows the problem with my app .

Meanwhile this video shows how the app should work:

Here is the capx file :

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1fwag1v9 ... blems.capx

Every little help is appreciated!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Bump

• Changing from Webview to Webview+ seems to fix the problem .

But I tried it from a phone with little RAM and it opens only at the loading screen and than it closes.

I thought that the problem is that the app requires and eats too much RAM and slows down or closes in the phones with less ram than 2 Gb.

So does anyone knows the way how to reduce the RAM required to run the app ?

Thank you!

• PLEASE HELP. I read something about memory use and how you should use small images and few events to reduce it but I tried everything and still is stuck at the same memory use.

Please help , if you want you can check my project.

• Help please !

• Make sure your IMAGES don't have too much space, also check your collision polygon because if you have to many that also affect your performance.

• reduce the number of physics objects. the physics engine is a huge performance issue. I assume the phone gets very hot as well.

and check the number of collisions you have... depending on what your game is doing it could really be effecting things.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)