RPG Runaway Movement Issue

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A template for a grid movement , grid tactics type game like Dofus , click on the grid you want to move to and the
  • Hi everyone, First post!

I recently got into making a few small games using Construct 2. I am very new and have only learnt a few basics.

I am currently working on a small RPG game with similar mechanics to Pokemon and Zelda.

The Problem

I am using the Runaway behavior to control my NPC random movement. I have assigned 4 directional animations my my player character and now I am trying to assign animations to the NPC however I can't quite seem to get it to work.

I am trying to get the game to detect when the NPC (orc) is moving and to detect it's angle. Then depending on the angle of movement, it plays an animation that associates with that direction.

Here is the file: mediafire.com

Can someone please take a look at it and see what I am doing wrong.. haha.

Regards,

Haydee

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can anyone help?

• Looks like the runaway behavior isn't actually using the custom movement behavior, so all of the values for that are 0 each tick. I would post in the behavior author's post to see if he could expose the direction it decided to move the sprite via system expressions. Until then, all you could do would be to try to trap the delta of the x and y via system variables.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)