0 Favourites

READ DESCRIPTION FOR QUESTION \/ \/ \/

• Okay. So I am trying to make a 2D Minecraft Game (probably not going to release it since that would be copyright infringement) with Construct 2. I am running into a difficulty with adding a block to the Inventory when picked up. I created 9 Player Inventory spots and 27 Full inventory Spots. To decide which spot to place the block pickup in, I created a different sprite for each block called (Block)BlockInInventory. Then I use "If (Block1)BlockInInventory is overlapping Slot 1, Create Object (Block2)BlockInInventory at Slot2.X, Slot2.Y." However, I would have to do this with every block and every slot in the full Inventory (there's 36!!). Is there a quick way to: Find where no BlockInInventory is overlapping a certain spot, and place the new BlockInInventory there?

Example;

DirtBlockInInventory is overlapping Slot 1, and OakPlankInInventory is overlapping Slot 3.

Is there a way to tell Construct 2 to find where no BlockInInventory is overlapping Slot 2 without using an inverted "Is overlapping" at every slot? I tried using "Pick instance," but no luck. Maybe using Arrays in some way?

I know this is a very long question and may be hard to understand the way I wrote it. However, if anyone can help, please do. (This question is aimed at an experience Construct 2 user.)

Thanks.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think this thread could be useful for you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)