Mechanics for a "Frog jumper" platformer

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Create a boss fight with this easy to follow game pack. Recreate the classic attacks of Mutoid Man from Super Smash TV
  • I want to create a mouse controlled "frog" jumper platformer (imagine mario if he can only move by jumping) and, while I have got some progress in it I am now stuck.

What I want to do is to control a platform sprite (because platform behavior already handles a lot of things I want to include in the gameplay) to jump in the direction of the mouse pointer. I achieved this with jump on click and platform vector X to -(Sprite.X-Mouse.X) on mouse button down - while this needs some tweaking to work perfectly, that's not what I want to achieve.

I want the sprite to jump as close to the pointer as possible, so when the player clicks on the "ground" the "frog" jumps there. Similar with platforms, click on (or slightly above) one to jump there. I want the frog to jump in a parabolic arc and not a straight line ( just like native jumping for platformer looks). Also, I would like to be able to control the length of the arc or it's x and y vectors with events to make a maximum jump.

Is that possible without using physics behavior?

I would welcome any input, even brainstorming ideas are fine.

Thanks in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would like to summon R0J0hound, as he masterfully resolved a different parabola issue in Parabola/Tracjectory tracing with Physics / Box2D.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)