Issues with Light radius

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Immerse your quiz games with our 6 unique music loops, ranging from acoustic chill guitar to cute and upbeat style.
  • Hie everyone,

I can't understand why the light radius effect in order to create penumbra really doesn't work..

Anything?

thanks a lot...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm having a bit of an issue with this, too. Upon the original unveiling of the light/shadow caster feature (which I loved!), I seem to recall being able to create penumbras as well. I've reviewed both manual entries for the light object and the shadow caster behavior, but I can't get penumbras to appear (it might be the limitations of my computer...which is why I can't load the new Construct 3...

A test site reveals that I can run WebGL 1, but WebGL 2 is possible to run on my computer but is either disabled or my processor (I don't have a dedicated graphics card on this laptop) isn't able to run it.

Simply looking for more info that might help solve this issue. Anything I'm overlooking?

• Outside of what is stated in the manual, can't help without seeing an example of what you've done. It works fine for me.

[quote:18g19nlv]Penumbra rendering only works in WebGL mode - in canvas2d mode it will revert to a radius of 0 with hard-edged shadows.

The shadow casters can only use convex collision polygons. Shadows will not render correctly if they use concave polygons. If you need a concave shape, this can always be achieved by placing multiple shadow caster objects next to each other to compose a concave shape out of convex parts.

Antumbras (beyond where the umbra converges to a point) are not rendered. To avoid the umbra converging to a point on-screen, avoid using shadow casters smaller than the light radius. Stick to large shadow casters and a small light radius.

When using a light radius, avoid placing the light very close to or directly over a shadow caster. Shadows can fail to render correctly in these circumstances.

Maybe you need a bigger light radius?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)