How do I reset Player Box Polygons

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • So my 2D side stroller employs the 8 directional action as part of a flight power up. However, once my player lands & 8 directions are disabled I noticed the player walking on "invisible" bricks. On a hunch that the player box may somehow be responsible, I changed its opacity to 100% & played again. Sure enough, I saw that the 8 direction action had the player box spinning around the hotspot at the players feet. I remedied this under the original action that sets the player sprite to the player box every tick by adding "set angle to 0 degrees", thus stabilizing the player box. That part was easy

The problem subsided only somewhat. Sticking with my idea that it's a player box problem, I changed the shape, size & position of the player box's collision polygon within its sprite & gave it a few more runs. Turns out I'm right. I found my player tripping & walking all over the wildly twirling and invisible collision polygon of the player box even though the player box itself remained at 0 degrees.

The logic I seek is simple. If the player is on the ground, they should be effected by normal gravity. Not walking on invisible boxes.

Is there a way to reset or stabilize the collision polygon upon disabling 8 directions or do need to embark on some huge work-around where countless player boxes are spawned & destroyed?

• Have you followed Ashley's recommendations from his platform tutorial and used a single frame, invisible generic sprite for collisions and attach all animations/behaviours to that?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes I have. The tutorials call it the "player box". It's the player box's collision polygon, specifically that's giving me all the trouble.

• SOLVED!!!

Under the properties for the 8 Direction Behavior, is "set angle". This is the option that rotates the Player box & hence its collision polygon. I simply set it to "NO". With this 1 option set in the properties, I was also able to delete the actions that set the player box angle to 0 degrees every tick. My event sheet looks much cleaner!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)