How do I make the camera follow the player only vertically?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • So i have this platform game, where the player jumps from one platform to another. What i want it is

the camera to follow him only vertically/up, when if falls the camera will remain in the same position and the player will fall outside of layout(doodle jump like). I tried a few things with scroll to behavior but i don't have to much control with that.

Maybe it's simple than it's looks but i spent hours trying things and doing research and i couldn't work it out.

• you should to use the lerp() function instead the scroll behavior I guess, if for example you need to the camera follows onley the main player vartically, then you have to use something like that.

+System: Every tick
    ->System: Scroll to  lerp(ScrollY, Player.Y, dt)  (only for vertically)
    [code]+System: Every tick
    ->System: Scroll to lerp(ScrollX, Player.X, dt), (only for horizontally)
    [code]+System: Every tick
    ->System: Scroll to lerp(ScrollX, Player.X, dt), lerp(ScrollY, Player.Y, dt)(both)
  • So i tried your method and it works but only partially. The camera still follows the player even when it falls from a platform,

and i want to freeze the camera somehow and only the player to fall.

Also the camera has a slow delay, when the player jumps high the camera remains behind to the point where i can not see the player anymore. Pls see Doodle jump to know what i want to achieve.

• Add player not falling condition to one of the lerp actions and it will work fine.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ok, so try this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60873147/RE_FORUM/TEST.capx

[quote:2cmhgkc7]and i want to freeze the camera somehow and only the player to fall.

when the player fall out you can freeze the scroll sprite

• So i added not fallen condition, it works almost perfectly

camera follows the player when it jumps, but there is still an

issue. In the game there is a platform which throws the player really high and the camera remains behind so the player is outside the layout.

When the player falls down, the camera still follows a bit, but

that isn't much a problem since it gets outside of screen pretty quick.

• I saw your example but i didn't manage to freeze the camera, is still following the player down even when it falls

• use the on collison event create an invisible block and do if camera collides with the invisible box then freeze

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)