How do I make flashing lights and...

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I need to make lights flash to indicate when something needs to be done in game by the player, i.e- like a button needs to flash red to tell the player to start playing, or like a green button flash to say stop.

I would also like to know how once I touch an object I can flick it like with a finger press up it would make the object fly upwards naturally like as if u flicked a ping pong ball in real life it would fly off in the direction you flicked it.

I hope I explained it adequately any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Is it possible to make the flashing lights?

Regarding the object flick Im creating a game where the player needs to keep the layout clear so when they flick an object I need it to fly up off the layout.

Any help?

• Hi to make a button that looks like it is lighting up, you will need two images one that is lighter than the other if you use png files you could even add a glow around the lit version. Then you would create animations with them, on and off, then play the corresponding animation use instance variables to keep track wether your button is on or off.

As for the flick haven't tried anything like that yet sorry.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for your reply you helped me a lot with the flashing lights I will implement it now, as for the flicking action I need to try different things I guess to see if I can get it to work properly so far I have come up with bad results.

• The flicking action could be achieved by comparing touch start and touch end coordinates and setting speed and direction of the object accordingly..

• oh ye now I get it, ill give that a try now thanks for the suggestion Littlestain

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)