How do I make a sprite slide along an axis?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
3 different games for kids, easy to edit, mobile ready
  • Hi guys,

I am trying to make a slider puzzle game where the tiles can either slide horizontally or vertically across the board example: google for gabrielecirulli 2048, it is the 2nd link

I have tried using a platform behaviour, but when the tiles are touching each other (i have also attached a solid behaviour to the tiles) the movement goes all wonky.

So I did some searching and came across this game: google for slider puzzle construct 2, it is the 2nd link.

that I think uses a pathfinder to deal with the tile movement andI have been playing around with the pathfinder behaviour and cant seem to replicate the effect

I am not going to be a lazy ass and ask for a detailed solution but would greatly appreciate it if a kind soul could point out the way for me. Thanx alot!!

ps: apologies for the googling, I do not have enough rep to post links. lol

• Hi guys,

nobody knows how to do this??

I also have another questions, I have a sprite with the custom movement behaviour attached, passing through a sprite with the solid behaviour. How do I stop the sprite when it touches the solid sprite? Do I need to do some extra events that do not rely on the custom movement behaviour

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm trying to figure out the same thing.

I'm using Touch controls and detecting which way the touch is moving. However, it's not working.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)