How do I get the tilemap sharp?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
You think you are fast?! Then let’s see how fast you can control this ring!
  • Hi,

i noticed a strange thing in my current project, the tilemap always gets blurry no matter what i tryed.

like here

im using the settings the tilemap told me too (letterbox integer scale, pixel rounding and point sampling), i also set fullscreen scaling to high and also downscaling, but all i could achieve by setting different options was to make it look worse

tiles are 15*15 and windowsize is 120*80

in the picture above you can see a normal sprite, same resolution as the tiles which is drawn sharp.

is this a bug or did i do something wrong?

• It might be a bug, in the meantime I'd suggest you use a tile size of 16*16 if possible. It should alleviate the problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It might be a bug, in the meantime I'd suggest you use a tile size of 16*16 if possible. It should alleviate the problem.

It's not a bug, it is a known problem of tilemap does not go well with non-power-of-two dimension tile. 2,4,8,16,32,64...2^inf should be ok.

• Thanks!

sadly i cant, the tiles are like they are and i dont think i can stretch them by 1px and still let them look good or do you know a solution for that?

• Thanks!

sadly i cant, the tiles are like they are and i dont think i can stretch them by 1px and still let them look good or do you know a solution for that?

There's no way around that other than modifying your image, the traditional way.

• hmm thats not so good for me ^^

however my tileset is 15*15 with 2px gaps between tiles, so i thought i could just say the tiles are 16*16, the gaps be 1*1 (and the tiles should have an offset of -1x and -1y so there are no gaps) but it just messes everything really up, tiles are not the same as shown in editor and much more glitches, even if i dont set an offset its exactly the same result, no gaps but wrong tiles and glitches

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)