How do I Create a MMO architecture?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello all,

I am creating a MMORPG,

don't mind the amount of work needed to create such a game, I am just looking for a way to have a lot of players seeing each others on the same Layout after they logged on their accounts.

What plugin/behaviour can help on this, (except Photon) ? Any tutorial here that I didnt find?

Thank you very much

• Construct 2 has built-in multiplayer support. I suggest you check out the multiplayer examples that come with Construct 2, such as the multiplayer Ghost Shooter capx file.

~Sol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello Sol,

Thanks for the reply, I already checked the template and it looks like you need a hosting player. Won't it create a conflict if the hosting player leave the game? I mean, in a MMO, people can join and leave the room without creating issues.

Can the built-in MP support handle this?

• You have a server run the host instance permanently, while having a client version that will refuse to connect without a host already present.

The host does not necessarily have to be a player.

• Thanks for the reply oosyrag,

How can I get a server as a host? Do I have to run an instance of the game for each Layout ?

• I'm not sure about the specifics on how syncing is handled across layouts (you probably do not want to use the built in sync if you're making an mmo anyway) , but I do know that messages can be sent from different layouts without any issue. So your host doesn't need to change layouts at all.

• Hello Sol,

Thanks for the reply, I already checked the template and it looks like you need a hosting player. Won't it create a conflict if the hosting player leave the game? I mean, in a MMO, people can join and leave the room without creating issues.

Can the built-in MP support handle this?

As Oos alrready said, yes... you just make a host program that keeps the server running (like Minecraft and similar).

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)