How do I collide with only one object within an overlap?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • How do I have a bullet only collide with one of two or more overlapping objects.

So say I fire a bullet at 3 sprites that happen to be overlapping, how would I go about making it only destroy one of those sprites?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In general all events come the same form.

A condition that picks objects (the basic picklist is made in the first condition)

(in the same event, or as sub) A condition that starts picking from the basic picklist and refines

(in the same event, or as sub) More conditions that start picking from the refined picklist and refines

.......................... actions

In your case.

'Bullet' is overlapping another object 'Sprite'. (now the basic picklist contains 3 sprites)

'Sprite' > pick top/bottom

or

'Bullet' is overlapping another object 'Sprite'

system > pick random instance 'sprite'

or

system > pick nth instance 'sprite', instance = zero

or

Sprite > pick nearest to bullet.x .. bullet.y

The second condition always starts picking (choosing) from those picked in the first condition.

So, it always starts with those 3 'sprites'.

• With a little help from Kyatric, we got to the bottom of this - it seems that you must use "Is overlapping" rather than "On collision with" in combination with "Pick top/bottom instance" or "Pick a random instance".

I am assuming that it's a bug that "Is overlapping" won't work in this fashion, but I'm not sure.

Sample project for those that are interested: http://www.sean-noonan.com/development/ ... erlap.capx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)