How do I change solids on different layouts

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hey guys, let me just apologize in advance in the case that a similar forum thread exists - unfortunately I have not been able to find it.

My friend and me are making a horror adventure demo in Construct and got stuck on "changing solids on different layouts" programming. Let me explain what I mean by that.

We have successfully implemented 8-way character movement and animations while moving in our rooms (e.g. layouts). Now we have a small problem with the movement border (solid behavior) which lets Construct know where our player can and can not move.

We would like to be able to perform this:

1. in room 1, have a transparent sprite with solid behavior which doesn´t let the player move where he should not,

2. in every other room have a different transparent sprite with solid behavior specific for that room.

The movement border (object + solid) works fine for the first layout (room) but it keeps active on all other layouts also even though I changed it´s behavior (solid disabled)

Any help on this would be much appreciated. Let me know if you need any screenshots or more info.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • anybody?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)