How can I synchronize animations in 8-way behavior?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • Hello! My english isn´t the best, but I´m going to try .

I'm trying to create a character in isometric view. I do not know if anyone can help me with two issues. The control of the character is with the pad of xbox. And basically everything works correctly. But I'm trying to debug the handling and there are things I do not know how to do. I use 8-way behavior.

1.- My main problem is with animations. Each time I change direction, the character animation starts from frame 0. Is there any way that if I do not stop moving, when I change direction, the animation of the character starts from the corresponding frame?

2. At the end of the movement, the character skates before stopping. I want it to stop suddenly. I have played with the decelerate, both at 0 and high numbers, but I see that he does the same thing all the time. Is there a way to stop suddenly without decelerating effect?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Edit your title to be more question specific to get the most views of people that may be able to help you.

For your first issue you will need to track what frame your player is on by grabbing it when the button is no longer pressed. You will need to then set the new animation frame to that variable value (assuming they match) when the player changes direction and then play from current.

As for the stopping, have you set the deceleration value really high? Set it to like 1000+ and see if it does what you want.

You may end up having to make a custom movement or using an event that disables 8-way and then stops character before enabling again.

• Hello! Thanks for the reply! Sorry for the title!! I have changed. I have completely forgotten.

All right. Now the variable keeps the frame in which the animation is. But I can not find the way for an animation to restart from the frame I want. I have tried with "current frame" and "set frame" but I think I do not understand how they work.

In the second question, I have tried up to 6000 deceleration. But nothing. I suppose the problem will come from elsewhere. Because that, should it work, right?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)