Endless Scrolling for a Cutscene?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Classic style beat'em up template. Punch & Kick foes across the screen.
  • Hello, ^^

I managaed to experiment with getting a camera to LERP with my sprite, however I plan to make a cutscene wherein my character is walking in some...lets say endless hallway O_O... Can I make my camera

scroll forever as long as I haven't pressed anything???

• I think you're thinking the wrong way... The trick is to animate the background, not the player, in such scenes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You should take a look at the Templates, especially the "Endless runner" one. Templates are in the File->New menu in C2, after the common project configurations.

• iceFlashEX1, the common method to add an infinite scrolling background is to create a Sprite object twice as wide as the layout, and add the bullet behavior. Then, once the Sprite object has moved halfway off the screen, you move it back to the original position.

Caveat: Depending on where exactly your background repeats, it may not have to be a full 2x layout.width. You would just move the sprite back to the original position whenever it reaches the repeat point.

Though, actually, now that I think about it... you might just be able to use the Wrap behavior with a single sprite with the bullet behavior. It'll be a good experiment to try.

I hope this points you in the right direction.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)