Different card backs for Memory Match game

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Hi,

I've recently completed Kittiewan's brilliant Memory Match Game tutorial. I haven't really done any sort of programming before, but thanks to how the tutorial was set out I was able to complete the project, and understand a reasonable amount of how it works.

I'm trying to make a card matching game that matches sets of three cards, which I've managed to do by altering the tutorial game and it works fine. But, I also need to be able to have different backs on the cards too.

e.g. the set of cards can have pictures of head, body, tail of animals on the face. This game is aimed at quite young kids, so to make it easier to play it would be great to have "head", "body" or "tail" on the back of the relevant cards.

I've tried adding extra frames to the CardBack animation, and setting CardBackFrame to Deck.At(CurrentTableauCard) immediately after the CardFaceFrame action (item#6). I was hoping this would use the same calculation that chooses the face frame of the card animation to choose the card back - but it doesn't, it always uses frame 1 for the back (I've set speed to 0 as per the CardFace).

Any help/ideas would be great - my brain is hurting.

Cheers, Todd

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)