Modularity, it's a massive feature but honestly it's really hard to think of stuff C2 can't do... It's less of a "What's next?" and more "What's left?"
Wow seriously? You guys lack imagination
I don't mean this personally Mr-E-Bear, it's just that I've been seeing a lot of people espousing this exact view here. I know you're just praising construct, but hey, here goes a list of ideas:
- Improvements to the SDK (more edittime controls, ability to spawn custom windows, access to plugin storage, more data types, plugin dependency system, ability to create behaviors for plugins)
- Separation of the several "polygons" (i.e. collision polygon and shadow polygon), as well as ability to hook into them (i.e. get the normal, for "mirror" surfaces)
- Object-specific event sheets (this might be confusing if implemented improperly though)
- Sub-layouts, more than one level running at a time (i.e. splitscreen, options menu, mini-games)
- Better interface creation options (Right now it's a big mess, custom controls are all over the place, making resizeable windows is hard. Hopefully modularity saves the day)
- Collaboration/Simultaneous editing
- In-editor macro/automation support
I suppose after we get modules, the editor itself will need some love, as well as the SDK.
With the store coming online soon, though, I expect modules to improve C2 by about 300%, especially if we can nest modules infinitely deep.