What laptops are you using for C2?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hey guys, i was wondering what laptops are you using to develop games in C2.

Im looking to buy a new laptop. I want it to be as simple as possible in order to performance test my games as well as keeping the hole on my wallet as small as possible.

What are you guys using and what are your specs?

What laptop without a dedicated graphics card could i get away with?

Thanks in advance!

Sag

• I'm currently using an HP Omen. I think they've been reduced to ~$1000 by now.

15.6" IPS panel, 1920x1080, touch-enabled

Intel core i7 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 860m

256gb PCIe SSD

Pretty damn nice considering the price. I'd prefer a 17" screen though. Also it doesn't have a numpad so that can be troublesome at times.

Without a dedicated GPU...hm...maybe something like the HP Envy, Asus zenbook, Dell Inspiron, or Lenovo thinkpad. There are so many out there..

• I manage fine with a Lenovo G500 (i3-3110m, Radeon HD 8570m).

• i'm using g751 (probably the strongest currently, while upcoming GX700 and g752 will be new asus's flagships)

i4860hq, 8gb ram, 120gb ssd samsung evo 4, 1TB 7200o/row, 980M 4GB.. and so on..

17" ips fullhd

• haha , i am using imac 27" with vmware fusion.

3.4ghz , works pretty good. xD

• acer aspire nitro 17'' i5 4210h, gtx 960, 8gb ram. Pretty solid machine, awesome performance on everything, And considering C2 doesnt use hyperthreading (at least the exported/previewed game, dunno the engine itself) the i5 isn't a big deal.

• I'm not sure if they even build laptops still that wouldn't be sufficient for this job. Just pick any recent budget model that appeals to you. Integrated intel graphics are perfectly fine (I have that on my laptop, which is an Asus VivoBook).

• i test on my weaker laptop aswell core2duo 2.0ghz dual core, 4gb ram 800mhz (ddr2), 500gB 5400 drive, ati radeon 4650 1gb ram.

• Thanks for the replies, i guess a cheapo laptop will do

• MacBook Pro Retina 13in (mid 2014) 16gb ram

running Windows 8.1 VM

Yep, works just fine too.

• Acer Aspire E5(?) with i5 2.66ghz and intel iris 6100. There's been no performance issues with C2 that I've seen.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I use an Acer Aspire E1-570

Intel i3

intel HD4000 graphics

15.6" screen

8gb Ram

• Lenovo G780 - oryginal HDD + Samsung 840 SSD Pro 512GB. Works perfectly for any purposes. I think any laptop with i7 and SSD drive works really great.

• Mine is quite old already, Sony Vaio

Intel Code i5-2430M 2.40 GHz 64 Bits

8 GB RAM

Windows 10 64 Bits

Runs quite well, cant see any lag or anything.

• Surface Pro 3

i5 256g 8 gigs ram

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)