Steam Version Vs Stand Alone?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Hey all,

Going to buy a personal edition of Construct 2

Its cheaper for me to get it on steam, but I am just curious to if its updated as fast as the stand alone copy?

Thanks

• Stand alone is better for workflow, steam sucks because it's annoying to open .capx are required to login steam.

I personally download updates because Scirra has good e-mail system to send every users to let know when new version is out.

• Hmmm yeah, even though theres a $12 difference between the steam and stand alone, i just remembered i cant log onto steam at work due to ports being blocked and the wifi being as stable as a wet donut.

Stand alone it is!

• Stand Alone - I actually went and brought another license (different account on forums that's why no badge) so that I can use standalone. I had endless issues with steam version (nothing to do with construct2 but rather steams authentication system that caused periodic crashes amoungst a whole list of issues.

I still use my steam version to open example capx as steam version has all 3rd party plugins and that license is tied to this forum account. I will note it has improved since back then. But seriously, I would go standalone without a doubt, especially if the price difference is only $12.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Steam is just for games...I ditched Gamemaker as I have it on steam...and moved to construct as stand alone

• Yep, just bought the stand alone copy, woo!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)