Hey everyone, got a pretty severe issue with Java here.
Recently, Java told me that an update was ready, so I installed that. The installation failed with the error code 1603 and my AV program giving me a positive at the same time.
From that point on, Construct 2 stopped recognizing Java.
It gives me this screen when trying to minify a script.
(And yes, I have the 64-bit version installed)
So I googled the crap out of the internet and tried to find a way to solve this.
What I did until now:
- Tried to reinstall Java (8u111 64bit gives 1603 error on install, 8u112 64bit installs fine, but C2 doesn't recognize it
- Cleaned Java install with Java's tool, reinstalled
- rebooted after every step
- relaunched C2 after every step
- went through everything google's proposals asked me to do
None of that worked.
Now the Java site tells me that I have Java 8+ installed, like C2 requires it.
Anyways, the 8u111 installation still gives me an error 1603.
(Sorry for German UI, added some translated text)
I know that this isn't a Java problem resolving forum, but I clearly have Java 8+ installed and it's 64-bit.
Anybody knows why I still get this error when trying to minify?