Retry button not working

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I've reduced down from a graphical button to a normal button for this case, but neither one of them seem to want to work. It's probably a simple fix and I am just really missing something simple.

If you get a game over, you can tap/click on retry and and the whole layout should restart with a reset on both scores. The problem is that it isn't doing anything when being clicked on.

This is my first game with this engine, so I really have no idea what to look for as far as troubleshooting like this goes. I've looked through the event sheet and found nothing that should cause the problem, but I can't locate the problem.

Here is the .capx for anyone curious to take a look at it. The number of escapes you need for a game over is 10:

Ah, looks like I need a bit more rep to post URLS.

I have these screencaps of my event sheet though. Is there any kind of spoiler like tags available here to not flood the page with them?

• Your capx got removed

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Your capx got removed

Yeah, sorry about that. I just joined because I'm at wits end on this topic and you need 300 rep in order to post URLs.

I don't mind being social, it's just a lot easier to post the .capx and get it over with than posting caps of the event sheet.

• You are using the wrong condition. The button has it's own condition of 'OnClicked'.

• Okay, I did not know about the button condition so I tested it out.

I restarted the layout plus the global variables, but now the objects aren't dropping the second round. It's a start though, but the retry button is resolved in this case. Thank you very much for that.

I'll work up a bit more rep around here in the meantime so I can help with the .capx problem at the moment.

Edit: I just realized I forgot to restate the time scale. it's working entirely now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)