0 Favourites

Include extra files?

• Is there a way to include extra files with our exported project, now that we have a html iframe plugin I have some interesting things I like to do, but I need the files included with the exported version.

When I export html5 I can copy the files manually to the directory and it works great, but I have no way of doing that with a chrome export.

Basically I am using the iframe plugin to display my html docs and images locally.

• How come you can't copy the files manually when doing a Chrome Web Store export? You still get a folder of files just like you do with the normal HTML5 export.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's a good question.

I'd say it's not possible at the moment, Ashley will be the one that can give more details about the chrome export side of things.

Edit: Oh yeah right Ninja'd, when does that British sleep ? ^^

On the other hand, why provide the html docs in download with the app ?

The iframe allow you to host/access it online. You could upload it on dropbox, and still access it from your application.

The only drawback I see is the downloading size. But the "On loaded" event of the iframe would allow you to make some timer/symbol that signals the user it's downloading.

Once you downloaded the doc, it stays in the user's cache. Only the first time/downloading of the manual would be an "issue".

And this would still work as intended in the chrome export I think.

• Thanks, I did a no no and assumed pack app mean it was packed. But yes it's just raw files in a folder.

I can still see including files within Construct IDE an easy way to keep track of shared assets that gets pulled in to the export, but I know you guys are pretty busy.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)