FAQ

0 favourites
  • As a totally excited C2 noob, I'm pretty sure I understand the basics, but I still have a question:

I understand that the default exporter is HTML5 (Yay! ...unless not) and that new exporters will be written in the future. I assume that some of those exporters will be for devices that support gesture input (eg. smartphones, tablets, etc.) My question--finally--is this: what provisions will C2 have for acknowledging and responding to screen taps, drags, pinches and other "touch" input?

Enjoying the sense of anticipation,

Queezi

• HTML5 does support touch input through javascript - but I don't have a touch device, so I'm a little stuck there

• is animation supported for sprites yet?

thanks

• [quote:2lsy4eio]Q: What happened to private variables or X feature?

A: C2 is very young. Features will be added in time.

Edit: rewording that FAQ...

• HTML5 does support touch input through javascript - but I don't have a touch device, so I'm a little stuck there

Understood, but shouldn't touch support be more generic than that if the goal is to create once and generate many times (through different exporters)? Would a new Input Object (Touch? Gesture?) be the way to go?

In any event, the first priority should be to get you a touch device ASAP! BTW, the Barnes & Noble Nook Color is an easily rootable Android device that can be had for $250 USD...

Grabbing a hat to pass,

Queezi

http://www.vodori.com/blog/phantom-limb.html

• What 3d features c2 is going to have, would you know by now? Thanks

• None, unless we make a WebGL exporter, which depends almost entirely on whether or not Internet Explorer adds support.

• Ok Cool. Have you guys decided on the pricing system yet? I wanted to pay for it today ^^''

just an idea thought : maybe you should do it a bit like minecraft pricing is, ware it's not much for alpha, more for beta and full price for final version?

Another question would be, what kind of behaviours and plugins you're planning for C2? Will we see online multiplayer plugin developped in-house?

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok Cool. Have you guys decided on the pricing system yet? I wanted to pay for it today ^^''

just an idea thought : maybe you should do it a bit like minecraft pricing is, ware it's not much for alpha, more for beta and full price for final version?

Offtopic, but I want to respond on this with: I disagree with this idea.

• License details are still being worked out, there should be another announcement within the next week or so.

• Few questions

Will C2 have option to change the resolution on runtime?

Will there be implemented option to convert high resolution textures to low res one, keppeng the map aspect ratio intact?

Can HTML5 apps be full screened?

How C2 will handle displaing same app on widescreen and in old squary monitors - will it be adding black borders on a sides eventualy?

• All those questions are basically "are we going to support multiple screen resolutions easily and efficiently?" and the answer is "yes" - there's certainly room for plenty of improvement over 0.x there.

• All those questions are basically "are we going to support multiple screen resolutions easily and efficiently?" and the answer is "yes" - there's certainly room for plenty of improvement over 0.x there.

Sweet, thanks

• I have 2 questions

Does C2 need as much power or more as C1 to run? this is not a problem for my PC but I have a laptop and it can't run powerful software that demand high requirements.

and second will C2 be portable (again for laptop, also I believe I asked this question somewhere but I lost it and it was a very long time ago as well, so plans may have changed)

Just to clarify, I am aware most of the features (even portability) is not a priority for the alpha version of C2 but I wonder if it's a planned feature for a stable version of C2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)