0 Favourites

Detect triggering object

• Once i tried making WarCraft 3 maps with Map Maker (later MM), very similar to Construct 2 (later C2).

In MM the event sheet is separated in 3 parts:

1. Event or trigger - this must happen to continue, for ex. unit enter region1; unit1 is attached

2. Condition - here are AND and OR logic conditions, for ex. unit is owned by Blue Player; Damage done > 10

3. Action - if it is triggered and all/or some conditions are met, this will happen, for ex. destroy triggering unit; subtract (damage done) from owner of the attached unit.

I want to concentrate on the "Action" part. With this detection of ANY triggering unit i can do something to it. By comparison, now in construct two i have to make as many events as there are units and in all of them to perform the same actions.

I have searched for this feature with search engine on Scirra, but nothing came up. I don't have paid version so maybe on the paid there is this feature. If not, i like to hear your thoughts about this, and maybe have this feature in upcoming releases.

• Have you tried the 'Families' feature? You can make a family called 'Units', add all your unit objects to it, then an event like "Mouse clicked on family Units" will work for all the objects in the family.

• I have free version of C2, so i don't have that feature. But with families, can you for example click any unit in the family and then destroy that object?

• Yes you can.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok then, sorry for underestimating C2 power :D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)