Combat Based Dynamic Controls

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hello Construct 2 Forum!

I've got a bit of an issue here regarding combat-based dynamic controls. I want to make Q and E do different things depending on which button W, A, S, D (not directional) was pressed prior to the use of either Q or E.

Here's the breakdown and what I could think of doing but can't actually do (yet):

• Press 'A' to turn Global Variable 'PlayerCombatState' to "Red". When Red is active, Q does an A.O.E attack and E does a thrust attack.
    • Press 'S' to turn Global Variable 'PlayerCombatState' to "Yellow". When Yellow is active, Q is an A.O.E stun/repel and E is a more linear/direct block/stun/repel.
    • Press 'W' or 'D' to turn Global Variable 'PlayerCombatState' to "Non-Combat". When Non-Combat is active, Q and E are more mundane actions but I've not decided them as of yet.

This may sound fairly simple at first but I'm also trying to consider:

• How to disable one while the other is active
    • How to stop Enemy AI from damaging you when you are in the Yellow state
    • How to move the player forwards as they commit to the thrust attack- How to knock-back enemy AI that collide with the player while the player is pressing Q

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey aforster,

https://db.tt/vzToTF7q This should get you started, its how you can deal with the control side of things.

The rest is doable, I suggest checking out all the platforming tutorials you can get your hands on. Might seem a little hard at first but you'll pick it up quickly im sure.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)