Setting object position to imagepoints.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Problem Description

____ Hello, first of all thanks for looking into it, I'm relatively new to C2 but as I asked some help with a feature on the forums a more experienced user tried to help me but he told me to maybe post it has a bug. I will try to explain everything as detailed as I can:

• I tried to make player's character actively pick up and drop objects in a 2D setting, after trying a while it did but it turns out when the character picks up the object, the item starts to shake and it never get to the precise position in which I wanted him to go in the first place.
    • So then user nimos100 looked into it and found out it was related to max falling speed, which for him it's not normal at all. - "if you run the game in debug mode and pickup the green ball then select the player and change Max falling speed to 0 then it stops jumping around.

To me that doesn't seem to work correctly, the green ball being linked to the players imagepoint shouldn't get influenced by the players max falling speed. Also as you change the Max falling speed the green ball actually moves upwards, which again seems wrong to me,"

This is a link to where this conversation occurred: (Ups, can't post it but the name of the post is "How do I make player pick objects.")

So, to sum it up the problem seem to be the max falling speed making the item when picked up shake.____

Attach a Capx

____ [attachment=0:25x29hn8][/attachment:25x29hn8] It's uploaded as an attachment. ____

Description of Capx

____ It has a player and an item, it should pick up the item by pressing the "E" key, and drop it with "Q" key. The item, which is green should shake a lot when picked up, (which I don't want to but it happen) nevertheless the problem is this "object shaking is related to max falling speed of the platform behavior applied to player. ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run the layout.
    • When overlapping this "green item" object press "E" Key.
    • The item would start to shake as soon it's picked up. "Q" to drop it.

Observed Result

____ I kinda already answered this above, but the "visual" result of it, it's object shaking. ____

Expected Result

____ The item stops shaking, even though the bug that is or may be happening has a probability of not solving my problem. ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 8,1 Pro (don't know the service pack sorry) ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ ID? Version 139 64-bit? ____

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Problem Description

____ Hello, first of all thanks for looking into it, I'm relatively new to C2 but as I asked some help with a feature on the forums a more experienced user tried to help me but he told me to maybe post it has a bug. I will try to explain everything as detailed as I can:

- I tried to make player's character actively pick up and drop objects in a 2D setting, after trying a while it did but it turns out when the character picks up the object, the item starts to shake and it never get to the precise position in which I wanted him to go in the first place.

- So then user nimos100 looked into it and found out it was related to max falling speed, which for him it's not normal at all. - "if you run the game in debug mode and pickup the green ball then select the player and change Max falling speed to 0 then it stops jumping around.

To me that doesn't seem to work correctly, the green ball being linked to the players imagepoint shouldn't get influenced by the players max falling speed. Also as you change the Max falling speed the green ball actually moves upwards, which again seems wrong to me,"

This is a link to where this conversation occurred: (Ups, can't post it but the name of the post is "How do I make player pick objects.")

So, to sum it up the problem seem to be the max falling speed making the item when picked up shake.____

Attach a Capx

____ [attachment=0:355wk1ng][/attachment:355wk1ng] It's uploaded as an attachment. ____

Description of Capx

____ It has a player and an item, it should pick up the item by pressing the "E" key, and drop it with "Q" key. The item, which is green should shake a lot when picked up, (which I don't want to but it happen) nevertheless the problem is this "object shaking is related to max falling speed of the platform behavior applied to player. ____

As far as I can tell, If the player is on a solid object, that does not happen, the platform doesn't recognize the bound to layout as solid boundaries, and so it keeps falling and being replaced constantly, and this is visible through the object you are holding (with a max fall speed of 0, the player doesn't fall and isn't being replaced inside the layout, so that odesn't happen).

The solution is to have a solid ground, however, I agree that the bound to layout feels weird sometimes

• [quote:ig2gwu06]

As far as I can tell, If the player is on a solid object, that does not happen, the platform doesn't recognize the bound to layout as solid boundaries, and so it keeps falling and being replaced constantly, and this is visible through the object you are holding (with a max fall speed of 0, the player doesn't fall and isn't being replaced inside the layout, so that odesn't happen).

The solution is to have a solid ground, however, I agree that the bound to layout feels weird sometimes

Yes, could be it, I'll try it tomorrow, I really posted this because I wanted to be helpful I hope I'm not messing up here.

Thanks a lot!

• Closing as won't fix. I don't know why you expect moving an immovable object to work!

• Closing as won't fix. I don't know why you expect moving an immovable object to work!

• > Closing as won't fix. I don't know why you expect moving an immovable object to work!

>

Sorry if I wasted your time, I shouldn't post bugs as I don't know the software that much, I did it anyway because a more experienced user told me it could be a bug.

Again sorry, and thanks for looking into it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)