R190 - jerking on IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera

0 favourites
  • Unknow01 One question. Try to set your game in C2 to "Letterbox interger scale". Does it still look jerky when you try to play the game with this setting?

• Anonnymitet and damainman, what is your preview performance like if you replace the C2 node files in the win32 folder with those from Node Version 0.10.5 - and then preview using nw? I only ask because my game is very poor when viewed using Chrome, but using the version of nw based on Chrome 35 (before Google broke it) everything is butter smooth. A light at the end of the browser development tunnel, I hope....

• Has there been any progress on this in the last month??

I thought I was going crazy. I have been working on a few big projects and then a while back I started getting jerking. I have been running circles trying to figure out whats wrong... when I started making smaller, very simple games (like here is a red square, move it around the screen with 8 direction behavior) I still get jerks every few seconds. Its just like the op described. Smooth, smooth, jerky, jerk, smooth...etc. The debugger still reports 60 fps at all times!

It has been a debug nightmare (except I did find a few bugs in my game that caused 1 frame lags, but nothing serious).

• Colludium how do I get c2 to use this older node webkit?

• Ruskul

• FYI Chrome got a patch aimed at fixing the v-sync issues on Windows which should go in to v41, which I've also heard from Intel will be the next version node-webkit is based on. So I'm pretty sure the next node-webkit update will fix this.

• IE 11 is "jerking/lagging" the same as chrome.

• Ashley - when will that be released in construct 2? I'm in no real hurry at the moment but will be exporting a project soon.

• same problem for me just after updating C2 to r190

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Anyone knows if this issue has been fixed with the current stable release?

• Dito on Lato 's post. does (r195) fix the problem or are people still using workaround. Also, I don't understand why nodewebkit has to be updated to the most current version every time there is a construct 2 release. Don't fix what isn't broken...

• Just checked, no it's not. Still no correct vsync.

• I don't understand why nodewebkit has to be updated to the most current version every time there is a construct 2 release.

You don't have to update node-webkit when c2 gets updated.

• same problem for me here :s

• Hmmm, tis ok, another update to chrome should be out in a few months - maybe they will fix it then!

Seams to me Google want to kill HTML5 gaming.

Man this is really getting to be old hat!! We live in hope...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)