No Function Object?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Problem Description

After upgrading to 216, I can no longer insert Function objects. However, existing projects still run. I deleted all external behaviors and plugins, later then also C2. No luck, the Function is missing:

Construct 2 Version ID

• Problem Description

After upgrading to 216, I can no longer insert Function objects. However, existing projects still run. I deleted all external behaviors and plugins, later then also C2. No luck, the Function is missing:

Construct 2 Version ID

I'm using r216 and the Function object is available.

Are you certain it isn't already added in the 'Projects/ Objects' window?

• I also noticed that C2 lost the path to my licence, but adding it again didn't change anything.

(I am running C2 in a dedicated Windows 8.1 VM on my Mac no other applications, no updates)

Just do add: on projects who use the Function Object, the object is not displayed under "Objects" but under "Object Types" in the Project Navigator. After clicking the Function-Object in the Project Navigator, it appears in the Objects palette.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you navigate to the installation folder - for me, that would be 'C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins\function' - is the plugin folder there?

• I too am having a similar problem. I am a newbie to C2 and have been doing a few tutorials. Some required several Functions which worked. I started my own project and inserted several Function objects without a problem. A day later I can no longer add any more. I even tried a new project and found that I could only add one Function, thereafter the Function object disappeared from the insert object palette. I have checked the installation folder and the plugin folder is there with- common.js - 1 KB, edittime.js - 5KB, PluginIcon.ico - 10KB and runtime.js - 7KB files in it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

C2 R216 (free) on Win 7

• AlienInvader

I too am having a similar problem. I am a newbie to C2 and have been doing a few tutorials. Some required several Functions which worked. I started my own project and inserted several Function objects without a problem. A day later I can no longer add any more. I even tried a new project and found that I could only add one Function, thereafter the Function object disappeared from the insert object palette. I have checked the installation folder and the plugin folder is there with- common.js - 1 KB, edittime.js - 5KB, PluginIcon.ico - 10KB and runtime.js - 7KB files in it. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

C2 R216 (free) on Win 7

It would be better to create your own report so that you can include a .capx that shows the problem, as required.

Are you sure you just haven't hit the free version limitation?

i.e. have you hit any of the following, such as 4 Layers, 100 Events etc?

[quote:n9owrh52] A maximum of 100 events in a project

A maximum of 4 layers in any layout

A maximum of 2 effects in a project

No folder organisation in the project bar

No event search

No configurations bar

No Families

No Preview on LAN

Not allowed to be used for commercial purposes (however, it can be used in education and other non-profit organisations)

• By design, you can only insert the Function object to a project once. (It's the same with Audio, Mouse, Keyboard, Touch etc. etc.) Once it's added to a project, it disappears from the insert object dialog, because you can't add it again. Since the original report does not follow the bug report guidelines it is impossible to investigate further, so I assume you have simply been confused by this. Closed.

• Thanks for the answers and suggestions. Yes I got confused but I have sorted it out.

• I wanted to add a little clarification to the confusion, because I just had this same "problem" and this post pointed me in the right direction. My confusion was caused by adding the Function object for the first time, and in the dialog, naming it the name of my function. For example, I saw the Function object over in my Project panel, but it was called "GetNextBlock".

I then couldn't figure out how to add "another" function. Well, it was there the whole time, I was just confused. So I renamed it "Function" and everything made sense. Like Ashley said, you add it to your project only once, like a Mouse object. So don't name your first actual function until you create one on an Event Sheet.

• Right, That's a bit confusing some times in the beginning, as some objects like function, touch or web are only added once.

(In my case, it was simply a corrupt installation. I deleted - somehow - with an update some folders)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)