Platform2 (Behaviours)

0 favourites
  • Colludium My Auto-Tiling extension works with the new runtime. I think the documentation here is enough for that

• Colludium My Auto-Tiling extension works with the new runtime. I think the documentation here is enough for that

Cool - I'll check it out.

I don't use c3 at the moment (I don't like the browser interface at all) and I'm not intending to renew my c3 license next year unless the environment changes drastically. Just my taste - I strongly prefer c2's editor. This means, however, that I won't be supporting c3 for any of my plugins as things stand - because then I'd have to pay for a c3 license just to create plugins - it's far too expensive for that.

• ColludiumHey again! I've found another issue.

Going down slopes is very wonky, the sprite won't stay on the ground - it keeps kinda falling. I've made a capx that compares Platform2 to the default platform plugin and uses animations to show better what's going on.

Just walk right using the right arrow.

my.mixtape.moe/wtdumg.capx

Thanks!

• Thanks for the message, I'm working this - it's a little tricky but I should have a fix soon.

• Hi there,

I am wondering if you / this plugin can help with my latest game project. I am basically building a type of lemmings game, where a lemming can build a "bridge". This works fine, and i currently give it jump though behaviour so if other lemmings fall off the bridge then can walk through the bottom of it until they approach in the correct direction and go up the bridge again.

This has surfaced a bug (i think)... If a lemming is going up a bridge, but touches another bridge (going in the opposite direction that also has jump thorough) the lemming forgets the jump through properties of the platform he is on for the new one he has touched and so falls through the bridge he is climbing.

Basically i think the lemming sprite is confused when more than one platform he is touching has jump through. I will add a link to the current state of the game today. I just wondered / hoped this plugin would solve the issue...?

Thanks so much

Paul

• v2.4 submitted to the store for approval.

Bugfix: running down shallow slopes caused the player to repeatedly register 'is-falling' instead of moving smoothly. The player now correctly runs down slopes.

Bugfix: if the player was moving over a sloping jump-through Solid2 object then it would filter it out and fall through it. The player can now move over sloping Solid2 objects with jump-through set.

aerian,

Thanks for your question! Whilst testing to see what the answer was I found another bug to fix... I don't know exactly what setup you have, but I think the answer to your question is - yes - Platform2 doesn't get confused about which jump-through object it is standing on and which ones it should fall through.

• Hey, is Velocity X and Velocity Y like regular Platform's Vector X and Vector Y. If so, it's not working for me.

• Hey, is Velocity X and Velocity Y like regular Platform's Vector X and Vector Y. If so, it's not working for me.

Hi - I didn't understand at first, but I think you're trying to set the Y velocity and it's not responding? If so - I have identified a fix.

Update:

v2.5 submitted to the store for approval. Setting velocity Y when on the floor now works correctly.

• Hey Colludium, would you be able to convert this to C3? It doesn't have to use the C3 runtime, just so I can export it to mobile correctly.

• Hey Colludium, would you be able to convert this to C3? It doesn't have to use the C3 runtime, just so I can export it to mobile correctly.

Hi. As I understand it I would have to pay c3 subscription costs to be able to develop for c3 and is not worth it to me as a hobbyist. Also, and more importantly, the c3 code is all obfuscated, which makes quick bug fixing something from tedious to impossible.

There's an excellent plugin converter somewhere in these forums and there's no reason why you can't convert it yourself. But sorry, I'm not going to support c3 for any of my plugins.

• v2.7 submitted to the store for approval.

Bugfix:

Deleting the platform that the player was standing on was not always recognized by the plugin.

The fall-through behavior did not always register the down input command (not sure what happened here, but the demo stopped working...).

Update:

Demo. Fixed glitch on run caused by changes to the drop-down menu options in the Solid2 behavior.

• Colludium just bought your plugin, it's amazing! I've been using the aging Platform+ behavior construct.net/forum/extending-construct-2/addons-29/behavior-platform-an-enhanced-58740 which is a mod of the built-in platform behavior. It handles wall-sliding for me, so if the player hangs off the wall, they slide down slowly if they press against the wall and drop if they release. Is this functionality built into Platform2? I'm hoping it can be an almost straight switch over to Platform2 without having to worry about using any of my clumsy events to handle these things!

• v2.8 submitted to the store for approval.

Bugfix: the behavior now registers control inputs during debug mode pause/step.

• v3.1 submitted for approval:

Added Actions:

Set wall mode (hang/slide)

Set slide velocity

Set wall jump x velocity

Set pixel accuracy (default 24, min 8) to give option to reduce collision checks at cost of alignment accuracy

Set enable/disable control input

Added Condition

Input controls are enabled

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • v3.4 submitted for approval

Minor bugfixes and added new Actions:

Set wall-jump strength

Enable bespoke wall jump strength

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)