Health (Behaviours)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Custom animated Health Bar - check youtube video to make it yourself
  • Hey! Love your health behavior and how you presented it! (getting it soon)

I was wondering if it would be possible to make an Item+Inventory Behavior?

Example:

**Item Behavior assigned to object_1. Object_1 can now be picked up or dropped by player/enemy (or both).

- Can add particle effects to item

- Item can move around or have pathways that player has to follow and chase to get it

- Can change how it looks and could start another event (like picking up a gem and a boss appears or many smaller enemies)

- Item can be equipped by player/enemy (or both)

**Inventory Behavior assigned to player/object (chest, player/players, bags, etc). Player/Bag/object etc, item goes into one of these.

- Object with this behavior acts as the vessel to contain the item when it gets picked up and can be dropped from it (box, chest, player, bag, etc).

- Item can drop from Enemies or players if they get killed

- single or double click, press of button, or touch can equip the item, use it, activate, or drop.

- Can change how the inventory looks (a box shape with scroll features maybe, or anything you could think of)

- Game could be paused with a Yes/no option with the behavior (toggles everything off maybe when inventory opens up?)

- The amount of that item that can be stored in the same slot in the bag, etc

Not sure if this is how it would work, but I gave it some thought.. lol

Very hard to make an inventory and it takes a long time to make items pick up or drop etc. Still learning how to do it .

Thanks for the kind words. This behavior has evolved a lot thanks to the user feedback I'm getting, I'm quite proud of how it turned out to be.

You have some great ideas, thanks for sharing them. I will look into them as soon as possible.

Since this is the support thread for the Health behavior, let's continue this conversation by email (gameplaypassion gmail.com), feel free to send me any suggestion you have.

• Version 1.1.1 has been uploaded and is pending review, it will be available for download soon.

Release Notes (1.1.1) :

• Construct 3 behavior files now available.
  • Hey, any chance to make it C3 runtime compatible?

• Hey, any chance to make it C3 runtime compatible?

I was very recently informed that the new runtime is available, so I'm working on upgrading all my addons to work on it. You can subscribe to this thread to be notified when the files would be available. Thanks for your patience.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • shinkan The new version has just been submitted for review and will be available very soon.

The new version (1.2) has full support for the C3 runtime, it is backward compatible, and has been submitted to lots of tests to make sure it works perfectly on C2, C3 with the C2 runtime, and C3 with the C3 runtime.

The manual has been almost completely re-written with a more "to the point" approach. It explains how to implement energy system features commonly found in a lot of games. It has a step-by-step guide to implementing a health and mana systems, with point regeneration over time.

On a more personal note ...

Over the course of the last two years, I've dived deep into one of the most powerful Unity assets ever made: UFPS, I was pleased to see that it uses an energy system almost similar to Health. However, I felt that Health on Construct was still more powerful than anything I've seen on Unity. Words can't explain it, but if you've experienced both, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Maybe it has to do with the ability to have multiple instances of Health in your sprites and repurpose them to create any energy system imaginable, coupled with the powerful event sheets of Construct. It's definitely quicker and more intuitive.

I've already received quite some feedback by email, in this forum thread, and in the form of reviews, yet it's always great to hear the opinion of other people, so if you have any feedback or feature request, don't hesitate to share it. I'm always looking for opportunities to take my addons to the next level.

• shinkan The new version has just been submitted for review and will be available very soon.

The new version (1.2) has full support for the C3 runtime, it is backward compatible, and has been submitted to lots of tests to make sure it works perfectly on C2, C3 with the C2 runtime, and C3 with the C3 runtime.

The manual has been almost completely re-written with a more "to the point" approach. It explains how to implement energy system features commonly found in a lot of games. It has a step-by-step guide to implementing a health and mana systems, with point regeneration over time.

On a more personal note ...

Over the course of the last two years, I've dived deep into one of the most powerful Unity assets ever made: UFPS, I was pleased to see that it uses an energy system almost similar to Health. However, I felt that Health on Construct was still more powerful than anything I've seen on Unity. Words can't explain it, but if you've experienced both, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Maybe it has to do with the ability to have multiple instances of Health in your sprites and repurpose them to create any energy system imaginable, coupled with the powerful event sheets of Construct. It's definitely quicker and more intuitive.

I've already received quite some feedback by email, in this forum thread, and in the form of reviews, yet it's always great to hear the opinion of other people, so if you have any feedback or feature request, don't hesitate to share it. I'm always looking for opportunities to take my addons to the next level.

That's great news, Thanks so much for the C3 runtime update, I really appreciate that.

And yeah, having an option to have multiple instances of Health and control them separately in sprites is powerful.

• shinkan I wanted to have the C3 runtime version ready in a week, and instead it took me a month, supporting the C3 runtime was time-consuming, to say the least, but I had a chance to upgrade a lot of the tools that I use, so hopefully updates will be coming out much faster now.

Thank you for your enthusiasm, Health has evolved so much, I'm even thinking of renaming it to "Energy", because it's basically that: a generic energy system. It can do so much more than was initially intended. I'm excited for what is to come, and hopefully, C3 will bring me more opportunities to offer people some amazing features, and more addons in the future.

By the way, the scirra store review team has finished the approval process, Health can be downloaded from your account right now.

Enjoy!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)