Beat'em Up / 2D Scrolling (Templates)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • Absolutely amazing what you've done here! Beautiful! One question please: How difficult would it be to add a "shooting" aspect to this template? Instead of punching enemies, I'd like to give the character a gun to shoot projectiles...?

Are you the same guy that emailed me?

Well I was asked the same two days ago, and I was able to make a rough test and took me like 30 minutes and about 15 lines of "non-optimized" code ( I hadn´t touched my template in years before) to get an 8-direction shooting system. So it will depend on your debugging skills... it is not just to " add code" but to analyze how the new code interacts with the rest of the template.

• > Absolutely amazing what you've done here! Beautiful! One question please: How difficult would it be to add a "shooting" aspect to this template? Instead of punching enemies, I'd like to give the character a gun to shoot projectiles...?

>

Are you the same guy that emailed me?

Well I was asked the same two days ago, and I was able to make a rough test and took me like 30 minutes and about 15 lines of "non-optimized" code ( I hadn´t touched my template in years before) to get an 8-direction shooting system. So it will depend on your debugging skills... it is not just to " add code" but to analyze how the new code interacts with the rest of the template.

Yeah that was me. Sorry, haven't been online in a few. Thank you for the reply. I am new starting out with C2 but I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to modify your template once I buy it. If it took you 30 minutes to get an 8-way shooting version to work, why not button that up and offer it for sale? I'd be all over it. Anyway, thanks again

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Danuyo! I purchased this asset and let me tell you, it's amazing and helped me a lot. I have to ask you something, i changed the sprites and it works well but i have trouble with the collisions. It seems the enemy perfectly recognize when to attack and have a smooth attack range, but my character doesnt. Enemy character seems to take both AttackVRange and self range to attack while my character range seems to loose and i can't attack properly. Could you send me an email?

También hablo español.

• Hi, I'm wondering if I'm able to add different looking enemies into this template? I want to be able to make villains with different body sizes and different sized collision regions.

• Hi, I'm wondering if I'm able to add different looking enemies into this template? I want to be able to make villains with different body sizes and different sized collision regions.

Hi, the enemies use the collision polygon in the image editor. You can change them as you wish

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)