Todays challenge: Top down SPS

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Control your space ship in a weird space-time environment and destroy as many enemies as you can!
  • So choose-your-own-adventure books/games are second person? Eg. "You go in to the cave... press A to light a match, B to shout etc"

YES!

that's the only example in literature.

In games not so much but when the player presses a button, he is performing the action, so the game is actually addressing his in-game persona, so it's first person.

In a 2nd person game, characters would have to address you (the player, not your in-game character).

Maybe.... seaman?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could say most rpg's are that way. Then again if you were playing first person and there was a dialog that said "You got a potion.".... Anyway yeah games don't always have to follow those rules.

So please, you'll have to excuse me for putting on my sassyboots, when I get corrected for something that doesn't matter.

• So choose-your-own-adventure books/games are second person? Eg. "You go in to the cave... press A to light a match, B to shout etc"

I think that would count, yeah. "You were eaten by a Grue."

As I said before I think Dance Dance Revolution or WiiFit might be as well, since "you" are the one dancing or doing situps or whatever. I suppose that's debatable though.

And I think the amount of dust on your dance pad or balance board would factor into the equation somehow.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)