Putting together new rig. Need some advice

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • So after over a week of constant jugling betwen parts i seatled on those specs:

Item: Core i5 2500 3.3GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor - Qty: 1

Item: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Thermal paste 3.5gram - Qty: 1

Item: OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SSD - SATA-III - Read 525MB/s Write 475MB/s 50,000 IOPS - Qty: 1

Item: Casecom 6788 Black Mid Tower Case with Full Black Interior/Exterior 120mm Blue LED Front Fan - No PSU - Qty: 1

Item: Samsung SyncMaster BX2035 LED LCD 20" DVI-I Monitor - Qty: 2

Item: MSI GTX 560 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI Mini HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card - Qty: 1

Item: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 - Licence and media - 1 PC - OEM - DVD - 64-bit - English - Qty: 1

Item: Antec TrueQuiet 140 - Case fan - 140 mm - Qty: 1

Item: Xilence Black 120mm Case Fan - 4pin with 3pin adaptor - Qty: 3

Item: Hitachi Deskstar 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM - Qty: 3

Item: Sony Optiarc AD-5260S 24x DVD±RW & DL SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black - Qty: 1

Item: Startech HDMI to Mini HDMI Cable Adapter - Qty: 1

Item: Xenta SATA 2.0 to right angle SATA 7-pin Cable (Red) 46cm / 18" - Qty: 4

Item: G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V - Qty: 1

Item: G Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333mhz Ripjaws Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V - Qty: 1

Item: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3 Socket 1155 7.1 Channel Audo ATX Motherboard - Qty: 1

Item: Tenda Wireless-N300 USB Adapter - Qty: 1

Item: Logitech Wireless Desktop MK250 - 2.4Ghz with mini USB Receiver - Qty: 1

PSU: XFX pro 850W

Comes on 7th. Can't wait :) Thenks everyone who helped out!

• It's for music production yet I don't see a quality sound card there? ;p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • did you just bought motherboard for music without FireWire ?

It's for music production yet I don't see a quality sound card there? ;p

Proper sound cards for music design are quite expensive. It'e better to get externall Audio Interface - can do more stuff with that

• did you just bought motherboard for music without FireWire ?

> It's for music production yet I don't see a quality sound card there? ;p

Proper sound cards for music design are quite expensive. It'e better to get externall Audio Interface - can do more stuff with that

Yeap, getting external card. Going with usb because for firewire u need specyfic types of firewire like texas. And since i want to use the card with my laptop when i'll be recording not at home which has some unknown firewire port usb is the solution :)

• [quote=]firewire like texas

For pc yes, for laptop you don't. Firewire in laptops will always work fine, cause they been made to work specially for that laptop.

Only for pc's there is a trial and error - I had to try 4 different firewire cards myself to find working one and it's not texas.

Anyway all external Interfaces will work just fine with your laptop, M-Audio, MOTU...

my friend from centrala.pro is using MOTU by firewire in his studio with normal pc and with his crappy old laptop when he's playing concerts (laptop, motu, Live and mpc40) - never complained, never had any issues during live act's.

• haven't orderered the card yet. I'm just checking for my firewire. im not sure but i think it's texas. So i can always get a texas firewire card for my pc if i go with fw interface. Atm Im keen thorwards getting Scarlett 8i6 USB Audio Interface. Looks good enough. I was thinking about geting motu but i find out that people have problems with windows drivers very often because company is focusing on macs.

• yeah my friend had some problems with motu too, but only on pc where is win 7, laptop with xp was fine. This Scarlett 8i6 USB Audio Interface looks good. If it can handle 5 or less ms in latency go for it!

What do you use for music production?

• I'll tell you what I'll be using with new pc: cubase 6 and maybe still fruity loops sometimes and some NI and ewql sample libriaries. Synths like massive and absynth. Whatever i cen get for the rest ofmy money :)

• yeah NI doing great stuff (especially The Mouth is amazing), did you try Ableton Live? i found it very easy to use, very powerfull and it sounds the best of all soft i've been using. Don't now why though, i did some tests, puting simplee wav loop into every soft (cubase, reason, fl, live, soundbooth...) and only in Live (without any settings or vst - plain new project file) it sounds unbelievable. Can hear all the richness of waveform :)

• Cool will check it out.

• fl is a personal favorite. never found anything close. it's like infinitely powerful. you can throw literally hundreds of samples, effects, and vsts on and no slowdown. every feature you could ever want is on there to a beautifully implemented level. workflow is exquisite. loop creation/drum machine levels the competition. piano roll is the best i've seen in anything. automatic beat slicing to extract individual sounds from loops, versatile playlist editor, great recording capabilities. people think it's just for techno, but I've used it for classical, and hiphop, and weird crap of no particular genre. it's the best music program period in my opinion, I use it over cubase type programs even, when I need to do general purpose recording type stuff[/gush]

sorry, but it's just one of my fav programs of all time

and eastwest instruments are amazing as well

the orchestral stuff sounds like a real orchestra, and the choir you can actually type the words you want them to be singing

• Yeah, FL is cool but the rendering engine is so so and I think there is only partial support for Kontakt.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)