Did you pledge OUYA console?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • > You're pretty much guaranteed for HTML5 games to work on Ouya, since they work well on Nexus 7 which is basically an Ouya in terms of hardware. Ouya is using a Android as well, so people that make android wrappers are almost certainly going to support it eventually.

Nice to read that, well i guess im going to pledge OUYA before 47 hours left.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/08/02/why-the-oculus-rift-kickstarter-is-a-better-bet-than-ouya/

A not hyped opinion on the matter. ;]

• >

> > You're pretty much guaranteed for HTML5 games to work on Ouya, since they work well on Nexus 7 which is basically an Ouya in terms of hardware. Ouya is using a Android as well, so people that make android wrappers are almost certainly going to support it eventually.

>

> Nice to read that, well i guess im going to pledge OUYA before 47 hours left.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/08/02/why-the-oculus-rift-kickstarter-is-a-better-bet-than-ouya/

A not hyped opinion on the matter. ;]

It's bad article because it's just an accessory, NOT a real console to develop and play games

Who would to pay one of the Forbes editor to write about OUYA is a destruction of video game industry? Of course they hate competence by Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, etc.

Forbes is just about the money than products and services.

Look, Why Oculus Rift is offering poster and T-Shirt if you cant afford Oculus device? yeah it's expensive and it's unassembled

Using headset may harm our health because it happened many times since old devices like virtual boy cause eye damage.

• I think the matter of the question is not the Oculus Rift but whose project is more capable of going to the end?

The Rift already has a working prototype, which a lot of big names in Game Design backing up.

The OUYA has some cool videos and 3d renders but I�ve yet to see some hard cold data showing how they will be capable of delivering and they are a much more complicated product than the Rift. The partners they got are nice but it smells to me too much like free marketing ride from PR execs.

Don�t take me wrong, I hope the OUYA succeeds, it�s a good idea, but the lack of information and the mistery surrounding their business plan doesn�t make me confortable to invest money on them yet.

• I think the matter of the question is not the Oculus Rift but whose project is more capable of going to the end?

The Rift already has a working prototype, which a lot of big names in Game Design backing up.

The OUYA has some cool videos and 3d renders but I?ve yet to see some hard cold data showing how they will be capable of delivering and they are a much more complicated product than the Rift. The partners they got are nice but it smells to me too much like free marketing ride from PR execs.

Don?t take me wrong, I hope the OUYA succeeds, it?s a good idea, but the lack of information and the mistery surrounding their business plan doesn?t make me confortable to invest money on them yet.

I agree with you, OUYA has kind of philosophy of job is quite insane because OUYA would to fire one of the employees if employee's name is revealed at the public.

• Im as excited as everybody else. One of the things you need to take into account when you are making games for TV screens is the fact that there are so many varieties of it. It can be a pain to develop for HD 50inch screens and tiny 30 year old screens. I wonder how they will solve this.

• One has to remember, as John Carmack mentioned in his 2012 QuakeCon Keynote that Occulus Rift is for now an experimental device and nowhere near a finished/to be mainstream diffused product yet, and it's not 5 to 10 years before it is.

In fact, comparing both devices is comparing incomparable things.

Now comparing the kickstarter campaigns can be done in the kickstarter only perspective, but requires to forget about the product being "kickstarted".

I'm curious about OUYA, and though still doubtful but not excited.

Could the OUYA be the first expected disappointing "after-campaign" ?

Some of the negative-critics that might have been formulated against the OUYA imply it could (should ?) be.

(What I mean is that amongst the many campaigns that have been funded so far on kickstarter, some will fail/deliver a product that will disappoint the funders. And this will impact the image/hype of kickstarter in the mainstream)

Wait and see now.

• Off topic a little...

I'm wondering why, after over 10 years (or even more) they start developing VR again. Remember playing Quake once for half an hour on VR helmet when i was a kid, and it was kind of fun but nothing exciting... Some time later I found out that they drop VR technology duo to some technical difficulties - people starts to feel funky using it :D

And now after all of these years someone suddenly presents same old technology, but with glasses type thing not a helmet and obviously better resolution.

Question is: why now? what happened in that long period of time.

btw. I don't think they solved old issues.

and ouya? no comments on that, have my phone to call people (which I rarely do ^^) and my PC for work/games. All i need ;)

• One has to remember, as John Carmack mentioned in his 2012 QuakeCon Keynote that Occulus Rift is for now an experimental device and nowhere near a finished/to be mainstream diffused product yet, and it's not 5 to 10 years before it is.

In fact, comparing both devices is comparing incomparable things.

Now comparing the kickstarter campaigns can be done in the kickstarter only perspective, but requires to forget about the product being "kickstarted".

I'm curious about OUYA, and though still doubtful but not excited.

Could the OUYA be the first expected disappointing "after-campaign" ?

Some of the negative-critics that might have been formulated against the OUYA imply it could (should ?) be.

(What I mean is that amongst the many campaigns that have been funded so far on kickstarter, some will fail/deliver a product that will disappoint the funders. And this will impact the image/hype of kickstarter in the mainstream)

Wait and see now.

They gave another opportunity to everyone who missed the kickstarter page, they can pre-order a console by $ 109

This is my first time to pledge

• Off topic a little...

I'm wondering why, after over 10 years (or even more) they start developing VR again. Remember playing Quake once for half an hour on VR helmet when i was a kid, and it was kind of fun but nothing exciting... Some time later I found out that they drop VR technology duo to some technical difficulties - people starts to feel funky using it :D

And now after all of these years someone suddenly presents same old technology, but with glasses type thing not a helmet and obviously better resolution.

Question is: why now? what happened in that long period of time.

btw. I don't think they solved old issues.

and ouya? no comments on that, have my phone to call people (which I rarely do ^^) and my PC for work/games. All i need ;)

Actually VR never stopped being developed.

I remember Virtual Reality boom at the time the movie "The Lawnmower Man" hit the cinemas and tapes. It was the firs time I was able to try such an helmet like you mentioned during an exposition.

And once again, as John Carmack mentioned, for the 20 years the technology hasn't improved much (or at least not to the point to be a mainstream product). But VR is an extremely complex subject, still in research and improving every day.

It's also an expensive field to search, and without a "quick to put in shelves" solution I guess few were inclined to invest in such a technology.

In fact, since the first VR helmets, the impulse has been on screen, leading us to the HD monitors/TVs we "all" have in our homes today.

Also, the issue is the fact that goggle-type devices (like VR helmets) are not the most natural device at the moment. Same for 3D goggles which are not yet universal and are being looked as option but not definite technology.

Anyway, it's almost like spatial exploration/rocket building, it is huge hightech works over/for decades.

• 3D movies and VR can damage our health, nuff said

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley,

I'm planning on using CocoonJS, although I'm concerned with their support for the OUYA's specially made controller.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)