Open Pandora

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • they let you order them but they haven't even released pictures of the product...? i searched around the site and on the forums, and i never found a single picture of the product -- only 3D renders.

• they let you order them but they haven't even released pictures of the product...? i searched around the site and on the forums, and i never found a single picture of the product -- only 3D renders.

they have prototype videos on Youtube, but there are no final pics yet due to the manufacturing and plastic mold injection starting this week. There will be more photos by mid-week i presume.

Gbax (the company responsible for Pandora) is not a big-time company, but they are credible and they have been importing GP32 and GP2X for years for international sales.

They're basically playing safe by not taking any loans, and not making expensive sample units and etc.

• > The Pandora promises to be a portable PC with gaming controls and keyboard for various emulation purpose and open source development. It never promised to rain gold or something as absurd.

> verrated = Anything that is given too much credit and hype.

Its not that developers saying anything its people who are worshiping them.

>

> As for screen resolution, you're comparing Pandora to a laptop? Since when did MSI wind fit in your pocket? Compared to similar sized device like DS or PSP, Pandora is definitely ahead in that department.

>

*looking at bold text* No sense at all.

Well, you can blame digg and engadget for the hype. The developer of Pandora never promised anything outrageous. Pandora will be a portable PC with gaming control, and that's the end of the story.

[quote:1t9ggjin]

As for screen resolution, you're comparing Pandora to a laptop? Since when did MSI wind fit in your pocket? Compared to similar sized device like DS or PSP, Pandora is definitely ahead in that department.

*looking at bold text* No sense at all.

[quote:1t9ggjin]High Resolution (800x480 4.3" 16.7 million colours touchscreen LCD) its not so high resolution i think msi wind have 1024x600.

You're comparing a device that is designed to be used in your hand vs a device that goes on a table (or rather uncomfortably, your lap).

PSP resolution sits at 480X272. Pandora goes at 800X480, which is nearly double of PSP's. As far as I know that's pretty impressive for a handheld device.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Now that the Pandora is close to being released [http://www.open-pandora.org/index.php?lang=en] I would like to bring up the question whether there will be a way to compile applications/games for this device.

• Not before Construct 2, and even then not before all the more prevalent platforms are covered.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)