MegaUpload shut down

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Set of tiles to create a map for top-down games with island theme
  • Hi there,

The shuttdown of Megaupload was a serious loss (hopefully temporary, and at a Global range), even for those who don't use it. Because it's just the peak of the iceberg.

It opened a black hole, pulling all the filehosts sites inside, just waiting which comes next.

Hopefully, that Act will understand they're too wide by now.

PS.: Well... I'll study C2 meanwhile XDDDDDDDDDDDD

• Good riddance I say - and support the action by the police in my country (New Zealand) who've now got this slob behind bars only a few km from where I'm writing this. Who really wants to fund his obscene lifestyle?

• To tell you the truth, anybody who hosts a file storage server in a country like the US and does piracy on the side, is a complete idiot. You are gonna get taken down in the US at least, it might take a while but you will.

Anyway, the timing for this it's certainly laughable. With the SOPA and PIPA thing going on, the timing for this it's pretty obvious. I bet they knew about this for a while and they waited on purpose. It's just how a shady gov. like the US gov. works. Fear, intimidation and control. This is how they control the masses. Pretty sad that people actually fall for the gov.'s gimmicks.

• Instead of thinking of all the illegitimate content on Megaupload -- and I will admit, there was plenty of it -- think of all the people hosting legitimate files on it who just lost everything. Think of all the copyrighted content on Youtube, much of which stays up forever and ever; why isn't it getting shut down instead?[/IMG] Yep- think of that and get mad at the Megaupload people for being criminals. If they had done their job just like Youtube then this legal content would still be up.

If you own content and send a form to youtube saying that somebody uploaded it illegally then youtube will remove that content. Megaupload would simply ignore those requests- and that's why they are going to jail.

bet they knew about this for a while and they waited on purpose. It's just how a shady gov. like the US gov. works. nvestigation was going on for 2 years.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think this was handled in the wrong way.

Good products, better accessibility, better service. The internet has changed everything. The decline in physical media isn't going to be bolstered by eliminating file sharing.

Give this interesting article read:

cato-at-liberty.org/internet-regulation-the-economics-of-piracy

But like all DRM schemes legitimate users are the ones burnt. You have to wonder at the collective value of legitimate content that has been cut off from copyright holders as a result of this one for all action.

If you own content and send a form to youtube saying that somebody uploaded it illegally then youtube will remove that content. Megaupload would simply ignore those requests- and that's why they are going to jail.

I follow several bands that have had their uploaded videos and music tracks removed and accounts deleted from youtube multiple times because of false copyright infringement notices. I would say from the volume of videos they get it would be very hard to verify these things in a timely manner, if at all.

• It's the illuminati. Btw they are planning to blow up the new arena in England with a nuke on the olympics.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)