MafeGames approved for Nintendo Developers Program

0 favourites
  • lennaert

I'm sorry, didn't mean to come off a smartass, but I noticed you commented here: http://www.scirra.com/forum/how-to-find-out-more-about-the-wii-u-exporter_topic84885.html and assumed you knew that nothing can be discussed about the program.

Dunno how far that goes, but already noticing the downsides of it hehe.

Annoying really heh

• Us are only a small group of game development using Construct 2 for free. We have not used This version to make money. It is for this reason That we need the license. And I think using the free version have Achieved very attractive projects. Even more attractive than other projects That Have Been Conducted with license fees, That Other developers have created.

Not the first time a small organization solicits donations, Whether $ 1 or $ 2,000.

Great projects begin with little.

I agree with others, here is envy of our project here, its a shame, we only ask voluntary collaboration as good intentions

• Brand new account asking for money? Hmmmmm�.

• Nutzaboutpoker

Neither I nor other members of my group lied to nintendo.

On the form, bring applications and games designed, we communicate our goals, our resources and our projects.

And we admitted.

We introduce ourselves as an developer games online group in formularrio Nintendo and they agreed.

Besides this the phone conversation held with them, plus they asked us about our latest project. And all this was achieved with a free license. Now I understand, there is perhaps envy this.

• no offence but...

if you "have developed incredible projects, many of these projects have been released in stores for mobile applications" and can't earn for super cheap Construct 2 licence then it sounds like bad joke

also Spain is not Third World Country (in Cambodia typical salary is 100-150$ / monthly) so asking for money for Construct 2 licence sounds like terrible bad joke

• Nutzaboutpoker

Neither I nor other members of my group lied to nintendo.

On the form, bring applications and games designed, we communicate our goals, our resources and our projects.

And we admitted.

We introduce ourselves as an developer games online group in formularrio Nintendo and they agreed.

Besides this the phone conversation held with them, plus they asked us about our latest project. And all this was achieved with a free license. Now I understand, there is perhaps envy this.

Envy? You ask us for money dude, and you say that?

I just googled your game' Petty Planet First Land ' and to me it lookes like you made it with construct 2 because you are using the clay.io plugin and you are selling it. Yet you are saying you only have a free version of construct 2, which prohibits commerial use.

I am puzzled here.

• Construct 2 does not prohibit commercial use in free version.

Prohibits commercial use starting from high number of gains, should know better.

• Incorrect.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/57/how-construct-2-licenses-work

About the free version:

ot allowed to be used for commercial purposes (however, it can be used in education and other non-profit organisations).

If you're making money with the free version, you're using it in a manner that is not allowed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • dear Ashley, it seems that Allchix found that amariscal is using Construct 2 free edition for Commercial Use, which is not legal:

scirra.com/store/construct-2

FAIL SCORE: +100000 points

• Dozens of Construct 2 users put their stuff on kickstarter and put "Buy Construct 2 License" in their list of what they are planning on doing with the funds and no one gives them crap for it. Give the guy a break.

• Well then dozen of Construct2 users are using the software in a not-allowed manner and might get legally sued for it.

• Well then dozen of Construct2 users are using the software in a not-allowed manner and might get legally sued for it.

Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to the above posts. I didn't even see them before I posted. All I'm saying is that I've seen plenty of people in their kickstarter campaigns saying that they will use the funds to buy a license.

• Burvey: To moderate my previous point though, I don't know if using such a Kickstarter campain really goes across the free license use after thinking about it.

One can consider that those people are not "actively" making money through the usage of Construct 2.

That's a case Scirra has the final word on, and perhaps tolerate (I have seen no statement on that case from their part).

In the case of the current topic though, having released commercial games in stores clearly goes against the terms of use of the free license.

EDIT:

Allchix: can you link to a place where it's actually requiring money to play the games ?

I googled their game as well, and on android it's free to install (I haven't checked if there are IAPs though) and on FFmarketPlace "PettyPlanetFirstLand" only appears as "unavailable on my platform". X-Infected appears as free.

C2 free version allows you to publish as long as you're not making money, and from my research, it looks like the guys are actually obeying that rule.

Strange thing though is that Android export is supposedly a paid only feature. But there are ways to compile an APK manually I guess.

• Kyatric

when I go to marketplace.firefox.com/app/pettyplanet-first-land

I see price

also

amariscal

do you have rights to use this image:

4.bp.blogspot.com/-4pqk6gBODPY/UuVbVg_7iRI/AAAAAAAACas/uzDcd4q0Gxc/s1600/1024.png

?

because it looks like World War Z poster...

• szymek which world war z poster are you referring to?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)