I came to know

0 favourites
  • I first got here when conversation sparked at the public Commander Keen Community, due to xtraverse being a developer at the time. At that time it was going to cost money and only the rain drop platformer demo was available.

Then the site disappeared Eventually I came back, the site was up, and signed myself up.

• It looks like we're getting people from all over the place.

• Found it on FacePunch Studios website originally where I tried some of the games people from that group made. However, I didn't download it then. A few months later down the road my teacher was telling us about how a class he runs does video game design so he showed the class construct and so I started to use it after I saw how cool it was with it's shiny buttons.

• I had just started using MMF2 for game making when I was told about construct (oddly enough it was the same person who showed me Fusion) I actually had plans to buy fusion so I could actually sell my games but luckily enough he sent me a link to construct before i bought it.

• I found it on the clickteam board before the post was erased I think.

it was an early demo, but I remembered it and kept checking up on it...lurking

• ...lurking

Yikes, so predatory. I'd better start watching my back. But then I guess I'm not open source software, so I'm probably safe.

• Can't remember where I first heard about Construct, but the first time I looked at it (maybe 12-18 months ago), I couldn't be bothered to actually learn about it. So it stayed unused and eventually uninstalled. Cropped up again because I was reading about Game Editor, and part of my searching to do with that came up with Construct. So here I am.

• Well I was find, but it was... so like then, and it was all GRRRRRRRR!

~Sol

~Sol

Glad it all worked out in the end.

~Sol

Can anyone translate? I speak good Australian, but that's beyond me

• That would come out roughly as:

"Once upon a time, in a land far, far away,

a brave not-so-young hero had stumbled upon an artifact of immense power!

Woe is the hero, for he rubbed the artifact not once, not twice, but many times,

yet grant his exact wishes it would not!

Where he wished for women, he got bitches;

where he wished for drinks, he got water;

where he wished for riches, he got a Construct developer!

Thus our frustrated hero howled at the artifact."

Moral of the story: just keep rubbing, eventually you'll figure out how to make it grant your exact desires.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That would come out roughly as:

"Once upon a time, in a land far, far away,

a brave not-so-young hero had stumbled upon an artifact of immense power!

Woe is the hero, for he rubbed the artifact not once, not twice, but many times,

yet grant his exact wishes it would not!

Where he wished for women, he got bitches;

where he wished for drinks, he got water;

where he wished for riches, he got a Construct developer!

Thus our frustrated hero howled at the artifact."

Moral of the story: just keep rubbing, eventually you'll figure out how to make it grant your exact desires.

This. all of it.

You sir, win at the internet.

~Sol

• wow.. just wow... OH! yeah found Construct the same way deadeye did. TDC forum

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)