IRC?

0 favourites
  • I'm a big (possibly smelly) irc llama. Quakenet/Freenode is where I lurk. Freenode is for OSS projects anyway so that would seem the most appropriate.

• Okay, so we created an irc channel #construct in irc.esper.net. Everybody are encouraged to join in and participate in chat :)! At the moment, there's just istoleyourcar (o64 in IRC) and me, so hurry up and join so that we don't get too lonely ;D! This is by no means an offical Scirra irc channel, since only the Scirra guys could announce that, but it doesn't really matter. (Who knows if it should become offical, if the devs want to announce it? ;D )

Those unfamiliar to IRC, you just need an IRC client program. I use Xchat myself (http://www.silverex.org/news/), it's pretty easy to set up, but there's a couple of other good clients too. Chating in IRC is a bit different from instant messengers, it's a bit like a continuous group discussion, or an browser chat, except that usually it's kept open even when you are not chatting, or idling... So feel free to just hang there and observe the discussion! You're welcome!

• Yeah.

I use mIRC myself. It's lightweight, customizable, very easy to setup and you can leave it running in your system tray while it's not in use. To join us just load up mIRC and type:

/server irc.esper.net[/code:3n4ghfiz]

to connect to the server, and then:

[code:3n4ghfiz]/join #construct[/code:3n4ghfiz]

which will connect you directly with us.  Hope to see you all there.
  • I guess it's time to go get chatzilla again.

~Sol

• Should work for Chatzilla

irc://esper.net/construct

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:1ie082qj]<deadeye> There's nobody here

<deadeye> I'm talking to myself. Yay.

<deadeye> Hey deadeye, what's up?

<deadeye> nm u?

<deadeye> Just... lonely

• [quote:3ctf6zbz]<deadeye> There's nobody here

<deadeye> I'm talking to myself. Yay.

<deadeye> Hey deadeye, what's up?

<deadeye> nm u?

<deadeye> Just... lonely

I was there until I went to bed last night. Ergo I wasn't on at 6:18. >.>

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)