Game Maker goes HTML5

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The ultimate voice pack filled with 1,536 files of .......wav and mp3 of individual numbers, letters, and words (that go
  • i dont need game maker, if i wanna write pages of code just to make my character jump ill just write the whole thing on c++. thank god for construct.

but the team really needs to make an exe exporter. ipod and iphone and android exports are great, if they really work that easy its a blessing, but dont forget exe....

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i dont need game maker, if i wanna write pages of code just to make my character jump ill just write the whole thing on c++. thank god for construct.

but the team really needs to make an exe exporter. ipod and iphone and android exports are great, if they really work that easy its a blessing, but dont forget exe....

CS 4 life!!!!! yeah baby lol.Yes give us an exe exporter for cs2 and it will be the best app ever to create games for.I don't care about web browser games,they are limited and so slow.If i create an exe then it feels like it's my own creation and it's compatible with all windows pc's.

i just cannot get myself to create any webtype game whether it's flash , html or java.Maybe because i had some bad experiences with java and html in the past (security issues,Viruses,privacy issues etc..).Well game maker's exe's are very secure indeed(no files can be extracted).Constructs exe's are not that secure,You can easily extract all the sprites from Construct's exe files.So if an exe exporter is made for CS2 then please make it more secure.

• indeed high five, while i do understand being cutting edge by allowing us to make html 5 games is nice, but exe's are still the most desired format, html 5 is nice if i perhaps make games for facebook and wanna make MONEY, but i still preffer exe and mobile formats.

without that i am forced to start my new rts next month on the old construct again

• Well game maker's exe's are very secure indeed(no files can be extracted).

Haven't they had problems with people decompiling games since forever?

Also, I don't see much point protecting the sprite image files - copyright prevents anyone using them and it's obvious if they have ripped them, and you can't protect against good old print screen, so if they want the textures they got them. I don't think I've ever heard of a case where somebody ripped sprites and made money without getting the legal banhammer. It seems to me that protecting images is just a load of paranoia.

• [quote:1p6bwc9n]Haven't they had problems with people decompiling games since forever?

I know that decompiling or reverse engineering any program can be child's play these days.But there's no harm in making it more difficult for decomps to get your original files.Yes it is a bit paranoid.But if someone want's to create a commercial game then there should be some way to make these files more secure,At least making it more difficult to the average joe out there lol.

• Hey Construct users! Here is a friendly GameMaker user to say that we read your topic, and me, personally, after reading all of the comments on here, have to say...

I really agree with you guys. Seriously. While Construct took the initiative to get a 5HTML exporter, gamemaker had to follow in its footsteps, or be left behind. Many of our users at Yoyogames (official gamemaker site, if you don't know that already) have had really bad experiences with customer support and the website crashing and such and such, and I am glad that they are porting it to 5HTML, cause they probably wouldn't if you guys didn't start it.

So.... thanks to you guys! High five for doing stuff to make our guys do stuff!

And another thing. While I am a really friendly guy and I allow other people to have other opinions from me, I would really appreciate it if you didn't bash gamemaker. I have been using it for years, and I feel like your bashing me cause you are bashing the program I use.

So... peace to you guys! I am currently downloading your program to check it out. From what you guys say, its a really nice program!

-Kearel

P.S. I was looking at your program's icon, and it looked strangely familiar to the new GM8 logo. Made me laugh how similar the new logo is to your older one. Thats gamemaker for you!

• Welcome to Construct Kearel.Personally i think both apps are very good.Actually all these click and create apps are great.They allow us to create games without any programming skills .To all the people that create these great apps ,You all rock!!! yeah baby lol.But i still don't like html5.

• Hey there, Kearel!

While I am a really friendly guy and I allow other people to have other opinions from me, I would really appreciate it if you didn't bash gamemaker.

I don't think anybody means to bash gamemaker, it's just you'll naturally encounter a strong bias on the forums of any one particular program. As I said, GM have a lot more users than us right now anyway.

DravenX: protecting images isn't really worthwhile, as I said, print screen is going to get around even the most advanced encryption, which kind of makes even bothering to protect them pointless. However, it's much more serious if people can reverse engineer the game's code and get a useful, editable project back. So yes, we'll throw in some obfuscation to exported projects at some point in the future, to prevent that type of reverse engineering.

• Click and drag is always fun although I admit I hardly ever use the D&D icons in gamemaker anymore. They don't really have enough to make a good game.

Anyways, I think 5HTML is just going to really be the start for embedded games made in stuff like gamemaker and Construct. What I think of it as is the telegraph to the telephone; it worked pretty ok, but it has its faults and soon something new (like a newer HTML version or embedder) just makes it obsolete and unnecessary.

Get what I am saying? This is basically the first step for us to get our games REALLY embedded into websites.

Ashley

I just don't want the bashing to turn into a flame fest. Trust me, it usually escalates that way.

• [quote:2avwrfo6]So yes, we'll throw in some obfuscation to exported projects at some point in the future, to prevent that type of reverse engineering

Thank you Ashley,Your'e the best.Wish i was rich enough so i could actually donate something for an exe exporter for CS2

• if some stronger encypt security is easy to do nice, but otherwise yes.

we dont wanna turn into those creatures from istockphoto, that want money for a photo of some flower, or a tree, or ground snow, a picture that i can snap in 5 minutes my self

i mean...seriosuly

• Hi Kearel,

You make a good point about competition stimulating the industry and basically being a positive for people who use this software!

• Friendly competition, like brotherly rivalry. "My sand castle is better than yours!" when both are good

That said, don't ALL the indie gave development tools have a very very very very very very very very similar logos? It's like there was a convention between the devs and they all decided they like Pacman and gears.

• yeah, hey karsh, didn't mean to attack you by proxy. I actually own gm as well.

on a side note, and this isn't just my bias. the scirra cog is the coolest looking one, especially since maryjane maryjane'd it up

• First I want to say i'm GM fanboy yet.

I love GM so much.

GML is simple but powerful for making 2D game. And GM's interface is better in my opinion.

But the runner is so slow and crashing sometime. Hm, graphic in gm is so bad. Though that i can make a "big" game with GM.

I'm newbie with Construct but I love this program too.

How it runs smoothly and very fast. So many build-in d&d functions are easy to use. And because i'm studying about python, it's more better. Construct is more easy than GM yet.

But something crash for me with Construct. When i try to make a little big game it's really horrible, some message's bug and interface was slow. And d&d is not good enough. So i will use GM with my main project. I fear that crashing of Construct at working. If Construct have something like GML, something will be changed, i can leave GM and give all of my money savings to Scirra.

In my opinion, GM is beating Construct yet. Maybe Construct is younger than GM and was beeing free working. I'm interested with future and going to use both.

Sorry for my English.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)