I got a free apple from work :D

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Red Apple Game Sprites Suitable for side scrolling, action, adventure, and endless runner game.
  • You sure it's a DVD drive? At that point apple was still selling macs with CD burners OR DVD drives.

Edit: Reread original post with testing a DVD. You might want to do a clean wipe and start from scratch. Sometimes used macs can act funny.

• > I'm a windows user through and through but today the IT guy at work gave me apple! I work at a newspaper creating adverts

> ool, same job as I do, designing adverts for a newspaper company. They never gave me a Mac though. Maybe they would if I did something wrong though, like a punishment or something.

Ah awesome! ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well I've completely stuffed the apple now. I selected a resolution that my monitor doesn't support by accident, and whereas on windows when you change resolution if you dont press anything for 10 seconds to reverts to the old resolution...seems the apple doesn't! I just have a big red screen saying 'Signal frequency out of range'....sigh

Ah a restart fixed it

• Even Microsoft uses Apple computers for a lot of their media. I have both and prefer neither one more than the other. Windows has two issues for every one issue Apple has, but I still find I can swap them and be fine.

I like the naming schemes for both with file types though ... execute ... damage ... good stuff. (I know they don't translate exactly as such, but they may as well)

• >

> > I'm a windows user through and through but today the IT guy at work gave me apple! I work at a newspaper creating adverts

> > ool, same job as I do, designing adverts for a newspaper company. They never gave me a Mac though. Maybe they would if I did something wrong though, like a punishment or something.

>

Ah awesome! ?

eah, that's pretty much it. The sales reps don't have a clue what it actually possible, and they can be so ridiculously stupid sometimes. Once I was provided with a scanned in photo for a birthday advert, and they'd scanned it with a paperclip going over the guy's whole face! When I queried it, they rep asked, 'Can't you just take it off?' Yeah, I'll just reach into the screen and slide the paperclip off!

• ya i have some of those macs in my digital design class. (we also have a few mac pros which i managed to snag to use during class (also i hate the mac mighty mouse! hate hate HATE HATE it! no control whatsoever.

• im in consensus with davioware who ever he may be (not that i would know who he is in any way)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)