F.G WoodWard Machine

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Slot Machine Games. suitable for workers who work from home because it has player names that must be played alternately
  • hey guys if you are one of those that looks for free energy sources , i have researched a bit! and all i got that actualyl works in real life! need still a little bit of work is the F.G WoodWard Machine ! now i tryed keep the example as simple as possible! used 1 /4 quarter of real world gravity! or atleast 3 times more gravity then the default one from construct 2 engine that is 10! i increased the big wheel density that is his weight to 5 (my mind thinks its 5 kg hope is right) the smaller once have 2 kg (2 density) and friction between all of them is 1 maximum allowd by c2! now i tooked out the elasticity since they are steel made and tooked out the angular damping and linear damping since i dont need it! but if those are there in real world then you can tweek it in the example file and see the movement is still there! but the wheels still have some bounce because i used around 30 points of collission to make the round objjects as close a round circle can be! now here it is ! free perpetual wheel ! from F.G WoodWard Machine blueprint from internet! this guy invented it ,long time ago so its nothing new! will love to see other examples like this one cheers!

( if i made the settings for physics on objects wrong give me a call or gamecorptm

[url="http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting-example-games/17248/fgwoodward-machine"here

is the link and also the capx file uses only 1 event! to pin the wheels to the support so they can rotate and not fall out of screen!

• As amusing as it is I think this says more for the flaws of Box2D's accuracy than a global conspiracy

At first I assumed that the machine worked simply because you set a value of 0 for friction in your weighted wheel (I can't see how it's unbalanced though, there's no weight distribution) , I'll admit that I have yet to break it -at a guess I'd say due to the non-deterministic nature of the physics engine and elasticity of objects; but perpetual motion itself is a myth at best and hoax at worst.

Still, great experiment! I'm stumped

• As amusing as it is I think this says more for the flaws of Box2D's accuracy than a global conspiracy

At first I assumed that the machine worked simply because you set a value of 0 for friction in your weighted wheel (I can't see how it's unbalanced though, there's no weight distribution) , I'll admit that I have yet to break it -at a guess I'd say due to the non-deterministic nature of the physics engine and elasticity of objects; but perpetual motion itself is a myth at best and hoax at worst.

Still, great experiment! I'm stumped

even if you make astronomical friction or density! you will still have the movement! i even added the linear damping and angle damping is the "perpetuum movement" is still there in this example!

i tryed to create da vincy`s perpetuum wheel! that 1 seems to act more realisticly and eventually stops! now im tryng to tweak the graphics and see if i can make it perpetuum! BTW all wheels have weight! the diference is the big one is double in weight then the smaller once! but even if you make it small in size or weight will still turn! so the physics arent real enough i think !

• Haha! Hilarious! I love it...

My take on it is that the smaller wheels don't have any friction where they spin on the support, they're just kind of magically pinned there...

• Haha! Hilarious! I love it...

My take on it is that the smaller wheels don't have any friction where they spin on the support, they're just kind of magically pinned there...

they dont have friction?! yea wheell i couldnt make a actually realistic pin! i could just pin the position of them on the support so they wont fall down of theyr position but they should have friction with a solid object! but the small 1 from bottom for somereason doesnt rotate corectly! anyway yea i know its hillarious! on how the worlds gravity( in c2) works but in real life is a fail!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not that you should take the time, but you would just have to put a small hole in the center of the smaller wheels and add the collision points, similar to the larger wheel, and then have those spinning around two small pins which could be pinned to the support, position and angle, so they don't spin, but the wheels still do.. heh.

• Not that you should take the time, but you would just have to put a small hole in the center of the smaller wheels and add the collision points, similar to the larger wheel, and then have those spinning around two small pins which could be pinned to the support, position and angle, so they don't spin, but the wheels still do.. heh.

oh yea sorry for delay! yea i can do that and try since real thing has a ball bearing! on axis! il try see if movement still there!:D but im pretty sure will be

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)