Q about the book: HTML5 Game Dev from the Ground Up with C2?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
25 high quality isometric ground blocks + sprite sheet
  • Hi,

I am looking to learn more about C2 and wonder, if anyone here has the book:

HTML5 Game Development from the Ground Up with Construct 2

What I am especially interested in is how well the export to various platforms are covered.

It would help me if anyone can share their opinions/impressions about the book and the "export" chapgter(s) here.

Thank you,

V

• The Author is Roberto Dillon and his twitter is You can ask him directly.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you TheDom

It looks like there is a practical use for twitter after all .... something new to try out.

• I discovered, that all these books are worthless for me as a bad coder most of them just display plain HTML stuff, without really expressing things.

• Beaverlicious

I hear you .... a good book is hard to find. Speaking of hard to find. This book which I've mentioned above is the only book available right now and all I am interested in is to learn how to export my apps to as many platforms as possible (within reason).

I think that a few people who frequent this forum have it and hope to hear about how useful that chapter is. I can use all the help I can get.

Thanks,

V

• Hi,

vancouver :

Thanks for your interest.

The "Deployment and Monetization" chapter introduces various marketplaces, providing guidelines and basic explanations to make you understand which app store is best for your game and how to start the tool integration/customization process but doesn't get into detailed step-by step tutorials. That would have been pointless since marketplace requirements, polices and tool specs change too fast: any tutorial I would have written for that would have likely been outdated already by the time the book was out. Links to online references and tutorials, that should remain up-to-date, are provided instead were applicable.

Beaverlicious :

this book is all about "expressing things" and how to make them in C2, no "plain HTML stuff" on display here

I hope this answers your question, otherwise let me know

Cheers,

Roberto

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)